NTT Data, AutoGrid Partner for Energy Management R&D
Japan’s largest IT services company NTT Data is going to use US-based AutoGrid’s Energy Data Platform (EDP) to conduct joint research and development in the energy sector, beginning in September.
The R&D partners will look at the need for managing peak electricity demand, which is already popular in the US and Japan, and is expected to be a worldwide trend in the coming years.
NTT Data and AutoGrid will utilize big data techniques to develop a cloud-based demand side management application that will help electricity users save money while improving grid reliability. The alliance combines AutoGrid’s expertise in predictive analytics, Big Data and cloud-based applications and NTT Data’s experience in implementing large and complex information systems across the globe.
Big Data driven applications deployed on the cloud will give utilities, business users and consumers the ability to precisely monitor, control and predict their energy needs, say the companies.
Recently, Austin Energy said its automatic demand response program is using AutoGrid’s Demand Response Optimization and Management System (DROMS) platform, giving the utility the ability to declare demand response events quickly without having to log into multiple vendor portals.
- 6 Steps from Getting the Most From Every Lighting Retrofit
- Act Local, Think Global: To Drive Agrifood Supply Chain Sustainability
- Essential Guide to Lighting Retrofits and Upgrades
- 2014 Environmental Leader Product and Project Awards
- The CFO and the Sustainability Reporting Chain
- NAEM Trends Report: Planning for a Sustainable Future
- Energy Efficiency Ratings: Benchmarks that Drive Excellence in Building Design & Operations
- Integrated Building Optimization
- What You Need to Know About Demand Charges
- 2013-20114 Winter Polar Vortex
- Energy Efficiency Requires Engineering Efficiency
- Integrated Building Optimization: A Crucial Convergence of Demand-side and Supply-Side Energy Management Strategies
- Driving Productivity and Profit with Industrial Energy Management
- Energy Procurement in 2014: Products & Programs to Optimize Savings
- BUYING STRATEGIES IN A VOLATILE MARKET: What Businesses Need to Know about Retail Electricity Procurement