NTT Data, AutoGrid Partner for Energy Management R&D
Japan’s largest IT services company NTT Data is going to use US-based AutoGrid’s Energy Data Platform (EDP) to conduct joint research and development in the energy sector, beginning in September.
The R&D partners will look at the need for managing peak electricity demand, which is already popular in the US and Japan, and is expected to be a worldwide trend in the coming years.
NTT Data and AutoGrid will utilize big data techniques to develop a cloud-based demand side management application that will help electricity users save money while improving grid reliability. The alliance combines AutoGrid’s expertise in predictive analytics, Big Data and cloud-based applications and NTT Data’s experience in implementing large and complex information systems across the globe.
Big Data driven applications deployed on the cloud will give utilities, business users and consumers the ability to precisely monitor, control and predict their energy needs, say the companies.
Recently, Austin Energy said its automatic demand response program is using AutoGrid’s Demand Response Optimization and Management System (DROMS) platform, giving the utility the ability to declare demand response events quickly without having to log into multiple vendor portals.
- 2016 Environmental Leader Product & Project Awards
- 10 Tactics of Successful Energy Managers
- eBook: Five Key Considerations for Integrating Renewables into Your Procurement Strategy
- Planning for a Sustainable Future
- Financing Environmental Resiliency and a Low-Carbon Future with Green Bonds
- 2015 Insider Knowledge
- The New Energy Future - Challenges and Opportunities in Corporate Energy Management
- 2016 Energy and Sustainability Predictions Findings from Facilities Professionals
- Improve Occupant Comfort & Reduce Energy Costs Through Humidity Control
- Advanced Rooftop-Unit Control (ARC) Retrofits: Field Demonstrations Validate Energy Savings