NTT Data, AutoGrid Partner for Energy Management R&D
Japan’s largest IT services company NTT Data is going to use US-based AutoGrid’s Energy Data Platform (EDP) to conduct joint research and development in the energy sector, beginning in September.
The R&D partners will look at the need for managing peak electricity demand, which is already popular in the US and Japan, and is expected to be a worldwide trend in the coming years.
NTT Data and AutoGrid will utilize big data techniques to develop a cloud-based demand side management application that will help electricity users save money while improving grid reliability. The alliance combines AutoGrid’s expertise in predictive analytics, Big Data and cloud-based applications and NTT Data’s experience in implementing large and complex information systems across the globe.
Big Data driven applications deployed on the cloud will give utilities, business users and consumers the ability to precisely monitor, control and predict their energy needs, say the companies.
Recently, Austin Energy said its automatic demand response program is using AutoGrid’s Demand Response Optimization and Management System (DROMS) platform, giving the utility the ability to declare demand response events quickly without having to log into multiple vendor portals.
- Environmental Leader Technology Reviews
- Guide to Energy, Carbon and Environmental Software
- Q4 2013 Sustainability Trends - The Logistics, Carbon and Business Data Book
- 2013 Insider Knowledge
- How "Fixed" is the Fixed Price Product?
- 10 Ways to Slash Energy Cost & Reduce Budget Uncertainty
- How to Automate the Collection & Delivery of Utility Billing Data
- The Business Case for Corporate Sustainability Tools
- Managing Enterprise Assets and IT Assets in a Converged World
- Beyond Equipment Management by Spreadsheets
- Smart Building Technology: The Key to Comprehensive Building Performance
- What Energy Managers Need to know about Procuring Natural Gas: Guidance for 2014 Natural Gas Contracts
- Energy Optimization from the Boiler Room to the Board Room
- Your Roadmap for Energy Management: First Stop – Myths & Realities of Energy Purchasing
- Control the Balance of Power: The Future of Intelligent Energy Systems