NutriLED Helps Plants Thrive, Saves Energy
Hubbell Lighting’s NutriLED provides spectrally-tuned light to optimize growth and germination for indoor horticulture operations.
Plants only absorb the blue wavelength and red wavelength portion of light, not utilizing any of the other wavelengths. NutriLED’s blend of red and blue wavelengths and light intensities for chlorophyll absorption means there is virtually no wasted energy producing spectrums of light that are not beneficial to plant growth, according to Hubbell.
The NutriLED offers up to 88 percent energy savings over traditional non-LED grow lights, and as a direct result of reducing the radiant heat produced by conventional lighting technology, water usage can also be reduced up to 50 percent and the need for supplemental HVAC cooling loads may be completely eliminated for some applications, says the company.
Specifically designed to allow for multiple mounting configurations, the NutriLED can be installed linearly or in parallel, providing beneficial light to plants from virtually any angle.
- 2015 Insider Knowledge
- Four Key Questions to Ask Before Your Next Energy Purchase
- Strategies for a Successful EHS&S Software Selection
- Improve Occupant Comfort & Reduce Energy Costs Through Humidity Control
- 2016 Energy and Sustainability Predictions Findings from Facilities Professionals
- 2016 Environmental Leader Product & Project Awards
- How the IoT is Reshaping Building Automation
- 10 Tactics of Successful Energy Managers
- Shifting the Focus from End-of-Life Recycling to Continuous Product Lifecycles
- There’s Money in the Trash