NY Hotel Saves $124,255 in First Year with LED Retrofit
LED Source recently completed an LED lighting retrofit project at The Chatwal, located in Manhattan’s Theatre District. The project is part of a larger company initiative to target all hotel properties throughout the greater New York City area that could benefit from an LED lighting upgrade using the company’s Rebates and Incentives Program.
The LED lighting retrofit project involved replacing about 1,300 lamps in 80 rooms of the hotel as well as the hallways and common areas. Prior to the LED lighting retrofit, The Chatwal Hotel was using 50 watt MR16 halogen bulbs consuming 458,440 kWh, costing the hotel $110,025 annually in lighting energy.
LED Source provided a one-for-one replacement with Energy Star rated 5.2 watt MR16 LED lamps, saving almost 90 percent in lighting energy or 410,762 kWh annually.
As a Con Edison Market and Energy Star Partner, LED Source also identified and acquired available rebates, resulting in a cost of $1 per LED lamp for the client. It is estimated that The Chatwal Hotel will save $124,255 in the first year alone.
LED Source participates in several incentive programs offered by some of the largest utility companies in the country. To date, the company has saved businesses over $500,000 with rebates.
- Top 10 Steps for a Successful EMIS Project
- Strategies for a Successful EHS&S Software Selection
- The New Energy Future - Challenges and Opportunities in Corporate Energy Management
- 2016 Energy and Sustainability Predictions Findings from Facilities Professionals
- eBook: Five Key Considerations for Integrating Renewables into Your Procurement Strategy
- Four Key Questions to Ask Before Your Next Energy Purchase
- The Corporate Sustainability Professional's Guide to Better Data Management
- Energy Manager Today Awards Top Products and Top Projects of the Year
- Choosing the Correct Emission Control Technology
- Financing Environmental Resiliency and a Low-Carbon Future with Green Bonds