NY Property Owner Retrofits with LEDs, Saves $300,000 Per Year
New York City commercial property owner SL Green Realty has selected Revolution Lighting Technologies’ Seesmart brand LED tube lamps for the second phase retrofit at 10 SL Green properties, saving $300,000 annually.
In 2012, SL Green worked with TriState LED, Revolution Lighting’s leading distributor of Seesmart brand LED products to install 16,000 LED lamps at 22 properties, totaling more than 7 million square feet, saving $625,000 annually. Addressing 24/7 lighting throughout lobbies, garages, stairs, and mechanical areas, SL Green achieved a project payback of less than three years, reducing lighting energy use by more than 55 percent, while significantly improving lamp life – often greater than eight years.
TriState LED continues to support SL Green’s second phase, providing 8,000 LED products at 10 properties, totaling 5.5 million square feet, including 485 Lexington Avenue, 600 Lexington Ave, 750 3rd Ave, 625 Madison, and 1185 Avenue of the Americas in New York City.
Earlier this year, SL Green said 15 buildings in its New York portfolio were recipients of the US Environmental Protection Agency’s Energy Star Label.
Why bring buildings online? What information can operations teams glean from real-time data that they can’t just get from the monthly data provided by utility companies? Click to learn more.
- Existing Building Technologies Combine for Increased Savings
- Let's Do The Math for DR
- The Future of Operational Risk Management: The Oil & Gas and Chemicals Approach
- 2014 Environmental Leader Product and Project Awards
- Improve Your Company's Environment and Energy Performance
- Energy Financing Report
- Unlocking the Value of Energy & Operational Data
- Smart Companies Utilize Integrated Energy Solutions
- Best Practices in Electricity Procurement
- 2013-2014 Winter Polar Vortex
- Cut Costs and Improve Facility Operations with Energy Data
- Energy Procurement Strategies for Winter 2014 and 2015
- Energy Efficiency Requires Engineering Efficiency
- Integrated Building Optimization: A Crucial Convergence of Demand-side and Supply-Side Energy Management Strategies
- Driving Productivity and Profit with Industrial Energy Management