NY Property Owner Retrofits with LEDs, Saves $300,000 Per Year
New York City commercial property owner SL Green Realty has selected Revolution Lighting Technologies’ Seesmart brand LED tube lamps for the second phase retrofit at 10 SL Green properties, saving $300,000 annually.
In 2012, SL Green worked with TriState LED, Revolution Lighting’s leading distributor of Seesmart brand LED products to install 16,000 LED lamps at 22 properties, totaling more than 7 million square feet, saving $625,000 annually. Addressing 24/7 lighting throughout lobbies, garages, stairs, and mechanical areas, SL Green achieved a project payback of less than three years, reducing lighting energy use by more than 55 percent, while significantly improving lamp life – often greater than eight years.
TriState LED continues to support SL Green’s second phase, providing 8,000 LED products at 10 properties, totaling 5.5 million square feet, including 485 Lexington Avenue, 600 Lexington Ave, 750 3rd Ave, 625 Madison, and 1185 Avenue of the Americas in New York City.
Earlier this year, SL Green said 15 buildings in its New York portfolio were recipients of the US Environmental Protection Agency’s Energy Star Label.
- What You Need to Know About Demand Charges
- NAEM Trends Report: Planning for a Sustainable Future
- Choosing the Right LED Product for Industrial Lighting Applications
- 2014 Environmental Leader Product and Project Awards
- 2014 Energy and Sustainability Predictions: Findings from Leading Professionals
- The Top 5 Things You Should Know about Big Energy Data
- Alarms Management: The Future is Now
- The Guru’s Guide: Implementing Environmental ERP Systems
- Select the Right Solution for Facilities Management
- ARC Brief: Infrastructure: The Hidden Optimization Opportunity
- Driving Productivity and Profit with Industrial Energy Management
- Energy Procurement in 2014: Products & Programs to Optimize Savings
- BUYING STRATEGIES IN A VOLATILE MARKET: What Businesses Need to Know about Retail Electricity Procurement
- Smart Building Technology: The Key to Comprehensive Building Performance
- What Energy Managers Need to know about Procuring Natural Gas: Guidance for 2014 Natural Gas Contracts