NY Property Owner Retrofits with LEDs, Saves $300,000 Per Year
New York City commercial property owner SL Green Realty has selected Revolution Lighting Technologies’ Seesmart brand LED tube lamps for the second phase retrofit at 10 SL Green properties, saving $300,000 annually.
In 2012, SL Green worked with TriState LED, Revolution Lighting’s leading distributor of Seesmart brand LED products to install 16,000 LED lamps at 22 properties, totaling more than 7 million square feet, saving $625,000 annually. Addressing 24/7 lighting throughout lobbies, garages, stairs, and mechanical areas, SL Green achieved a project payback of less than three years, reducing lighting energy use by more than 55 percent, while significantly improving lamp life – often greater than eight years.
TriState LED continues to support SL Green’s second phase, providing 8,000 LED products at 10 properties, totaling 5.5 million square feet, including 485 Lexington Avenue, 600 Lexington Ave, 750 3rd Ave, 625 Madison, and 1185 Avenue of the Americas in New York City.
Earlier this year, SL Green said 15 buildings in its New York portfolio were recipients of the US Environmental Protection Agency’s Energy Star Label.
- ASSA ABLOY: Investing in Sustainability Opens the Door for Business Opportunity
- NAEM Research Report: Planning for a Sustainable Future
- NAEM 2015 EHS and Sustainability Software Buyers Guide
- 2015 Environmental Leader Product & Project Awards
- Improve Your Company's Environment and Energy Performance
- Combined Heat and Power
- Unlocking the Value of Energy & Operational Data
- Migration to Mobile: The Evolution of EHS Management Tools
- Gartner Magic Quadrant
- How to Thrive in Today's EHS Landscape