NY Real Estate Portfolio Saves with Lighting Retrofit
SL Green Realty expanded an LED lighting retrofit program, installing more than 8,000 LED lamps across nine Manhattan commercial office properties. The project is projected to save $370,000 annually in operating expenses.
The buildings receiving lighting upgrades are: 1350 Avenue of the Americas, 100 Park Avenue, 810 7th Avenue, 461 5th Avenue, 220 East 42nd Street, 100 Church Street, 180 Maiden Lane, 120 West 45th Street and 555 West 57th Street.
In 2012 and 2013, SL Green completed the first two phases, establishing one of the nation’s largest LED portfolio lighting retrofits totaling twenty-four commercial office properties, comprising more than 14 million square feet. More than 24,000 units were installed, replacing antiquated lighting technologies including incandescent, halogen and fluorescent lamps in order to save about $950,000 annually.
This next phase, to be completed in August 2014, will retrofit 6.2 million square feet of commercial office space.
SL Green says it has achieved a fixture failure rate of less than 0.3 percent of the LED lamps installed.
- Mobility from the Plant Floor to the Store Door: Improve Safety, Accuracy and Productivity
- 2015 Environmental Leader Product & Project Awards
- Let's Do The Math for DR
- Improve Your Company's Environment and Energy Performance
- 2015 Insider Knowledge
- Energy Manager Today Awards Top Products and Top Projects of the Year
- Practical Insights into the Implementation of GHS Around the Globe
- Beyond Compliance: Applying a Risk Lens to Your EHS Practice
- Case Study: Dassault Falcon Jet Taps Intelligent LED Lighting Solutions
- A Roadmap for Effective Process Safety Management