NY Real Estate Portfolio Saves with Lighting Retrofit
SL Green Realty expanded an LED lighting retrofit program, installing more than 8,000 LED lamps across nine Manhattan commercial office properties. The project is projected to save $370,000 annually in operating expenses.
The buildings receiving lighting upgrades are: 1350 Avenue of the Americas, 100 Park Avenue, 810 7th Avenue, 461 5th Avenue, 220 East 42nd Street, 100 Church Street, 180 Maiden Lane, 120 West 45th Street and 555 West 57th Street.
In 2012 and 2013, SL Green completed the first two phases, establishing one of the nation’s largest LED portfolio lighting retrofits totaling twenty-four commercial office properties, comprising more than 14 million square feet. More than 24,000 units were installed, replacing antiquated lighting technologies including incandescent, halogen and fluorescent lamps in order to save about $950,000 annually.
This next phase, to be completed in August 2014, will retrofit 6.2 million square feet of commercial office space.
SL Green says it has achieved a fixture failure rate of less than 0.3 percent of the LED lamps installed.
- Best Practices in Electricity Procurement
- 2015 Insider Knowledge
- 10 Tactics of Successful Energy Managers
- eBook: Five Key Considerations for Integrating Renewables into Your Procurement Strategy
- Practical Guide to Transforming Energy Data into Better Buildings
- Advanced Rooftop-Unit Control (ARC) Retrofits: Field Demonstrations Validate Energy Savings
- 2016 Environmental Leader Product & Project Awards
- Improve Occupant Comfort & Reduce Energy Costs Through Humidity Control
- Operationalizing EHS Management: Bridge the Gap from Strategy to Execution
- The New Energy Future - Challenges and Opportunities in Corporate Energy Management