NY Real Estate Portfolio Saves with Lighting Retrofit
SL Green Realty expanded an LED lighting retrofit program, installing more than 8,000 LED lamps across nine Manhattan commercial office properties. The project is projected to save $370,000 annually in operating expenses.
The buildings receiving lighting upgrades are: 1350 Avenue of the Americas, 100 Park Avenue, 810 7th Avenue, 461 5th Avenue, 220 East 42nd Street, 100 Church Street, 180 Maiden Lane, 120 West 45th Street and 555 West 57th Street.
In 2012 and 2013, SL Green completed the first two phases, establishing one of the nation’s largest LED portfolio lighting retrofits totaling twenty-four commercial office properties, comprising more than 14 million square feet. More than 24,000 units were installed, replacing antiquated lighting technologies including incandescent, halogen and fluorescent lamps in order to save about $950,000 annually.
This next phase, to be completed in August 2014, will retrofit 6.2 million square feet of commercial office space.
SL Green says it has achieved a fixture failure rate of less than 0.3 percent of the LED lamps installed.
- How to Use Lean Tools to Cash In On Environmental and Energy Savings
- Integrated Building Optimization
- Guide to Energy, Carbon and Environmental Software
- Alarms Management: The Future is Now
- Essential Guide to Lighting Retrofits and Upgrades
- Trends in Energy Management: Where Should Your Next Investment Be?
- Sustainability Careers: Unlocking Hidden Employment Potential
- Smart Companies Utilize Integrated Energy Solutions
- The CFO and the Sustainability Reporting Chain
- EHS Managers: The Evolution from Necessary Evil to Vital Leaders
- Energy Efficiency Requires Engineering Efficiency
- Integrated Building Optimization: A Crucial Convergence of Demand-side and Supply-Side Energy Management Strategies
- Driving Productivity and Profit with Industrial Energy Management
- Energy Procurement in 2014: Products & Programs to Optimize Savings
- BUYING STRATEGIES IN A VOLATILE MARKET: What Businesses Need to Know about Retail Electricity Procurement