NYSERDA Awards $410,000 for Thermal Energy Storage in Refrigerated Trucks
New West Technologies has been chosen by the New York State Energy Research and Development Authority (NYSERDA) to develop a working prototype of an advanced energy storage and power system for refrigerated truck trailers that replaces their traditional diesel-powered systems. Pending completion of contract negotiations, New West Technologies will assist in the development and demonstration of the company’s patent-pending concept called the Hybrid Thermal Energy Storage System (HTESS). The value of this award is about $410,000.
The award will allow New West to build upon initial design and hardware subsystem testing of the truck trailer thermal energy storage system.
In addition to replacing the diesel engine-powered auxiliary power unit used for conventional trailer refrigeration units.
- 2015 Insider Knowledge
- 2016 Environmental Leader Product & Project Awards
- eBook: Five Key Considerations for Integrating Renewables into Your Procurement Strategy
- Advanced Rooftop-Unit Control (ARC) Retrofits: Field Demonstrations Validate Energy Savings
- Four Key Questions to Ask Before Your Next Energy Purchase
- The New Energy Future - Challenges and Opportunities in Corporate Energy Management
- Choosing the Correct Emission Control Technology
- How the IoT is Reshaping Building Automation
- Building Energy Benchmarking & Transparency Laws
- Planning for a Sustainable Future