NYSERDA Launches $1.1 Million Equipment Rebate Program
The New York State Energy Research and Development Authority (NYSERDA) has launched, “Buy Green, Save Green Rebates for New York State Local Governments.” A program, which makes $1.1 million available to encourage small municipal governments to replace inefficient appliances and equipment with energy-efficient models. The program begins Sept. 25, 2012.
The rebates will pay 75 percent of the purchase price of eligible products, which include Energy Star refrigerators, dehumidifiers, commercial dishwashers, room air conditioners, imaging equipment (including copiers and fax machines; digital duplicators; printers, scanners and all-in-one devices; and mailing machines), as well as compact fluorescent light bulbs (CFLs) and light emitting diode light bulbs (LEDs) in quantities of 10 or more. Advanced power strips in quantities of two or more will also be eligible for the rebate.
The $1.1 million includes funding from a U.S. Department of Energy (DOE) Energy Efficiency and Conservation Block Grant (EECBG) award received by New York State to stimulate energy efficiency in small municipalities and a DOE State Energy Program (SEP) award, which provides financial and technical assistance to states through formula and competitive grants.
Details about the program and information on eligible products can also be found on nysappliancerebates.com.
- Get Smarter About Your Energy Procurement Data Book
- Migration to Mobile: The Evolution of EHS Management Tools
- 2015 Environmental Leader Product & Project Awards
- Mobility from the Plant Floor to the Store Door: Improve Safety, Accuracy and Productivity
- Improve Your Company's Environment and Energy Performance
- Unlocking the Value of Energy & Operational Data
- Increase the Value of Demand Response Through Automation
- Let's Do The Math for DR
- Solar Request for Proposal (RFP) Guide
- Smart Companies Utilize Integrated Energy Solutions