NYSERDA Launches $1.1 Million Equipment Rebate Program
The New York State Energy Research and Development Authority (NYSERDA) has launched, “Buy Green, Save Green Rebates for New York State Local Governments.” A program, which makes $1.1 million available to encourage small municipal governments to replace inefficient appliances and equipment with energy-efficient models. The program begins Sept. 25, 2012.
The rebates will pay 75 percent of the purchase price of eligible products, which include Energy Star refrigerators, dehumidifiers, commercial dishwashers, room air conditioners, imaging equipment (including copiers and fax machines; digital duplicators; printers, scanners and all-in-one devices; and mailing machines), as well as compact fluorescent light bulbs (CFLs) and light emitting diode light bulbs (LEDs) in quantities of 10 or more. Advanced power strips in quantities of two or more will also be eligible for the rebate.
The $1.1 million includes funding from a U.S. Department of Energy (DOE) Energy Efficiency and Conservation Block Grant (EECBG) award received by New York State to stimulate energy efficiency in small municipalities and a DOE State Energy Program (SEP) award, which provides financial and technical assistance to states through formula and competitive grants.
Details about the program and information on eligible products can also be found on nysappliancerebates.com.
- Integrated Building Optimization
- Guide to Energy, Carbon and Environmental Software
- Trends in Energy Management: Where Should Your Next Investment Be?
- 2014 Environmental Leader Product and Project Awards
- Essential Guide to Lighting Retrofits and Upgrades
- Smart Companies Utilize Integrated Energy Solutions
- The CFO and the Sustainability Reporting Chain
- NAEM Research Report: Planning for a Sustainable Future
- Sustainability Careers: Unlocking Hidden Employment Potential
- Alarms Management: The Future is Now
- Energy Efficiency Requires Engineering Efficiency
- Integrated Building Optimization: A Crucial Convergence of Demand-side and Supply-Side Energy Management Strategies
- Driving Productivity and Profit with Industrial Energy Management
- Energy Procurement in 2014: Products & Programs to Optimize Savings
- BUYING STRATEGIES IN A VOLATILE MARKET: What Businesses Need to Know about Retail Electricity Procurement