NYU Launches Clean Start Program
To encourage more professionals to enter the energy field, New York University is launching a certificate program to train experienced business professionals in energy efficiency and renewable energy. The new program, called Clean Start, will provide a comprehensive foundation for 15 professionals interested in establishing companies in, or making a career change to, the energy efficiency and renewable energy fields.
Supported by the New York State Energy Research and Development Authority (NYSERDA), the Clean Start program was developed by the NYU School of Professional Studies Center for Global Affairs (CGA) and the New York City Accelerator for a Clean and Resilient Economy (NYC ACRE), the NYU Polytechnic School of Engineering clean-energy incubator seeded by NYSERDA.
Candidate selection for the program will begin November 3, 2014. Classes will start in January 2015. Clean Start comprises a 120-hour, evening and weekend curriculum. Upon successful completion, participants will earn the CGA-NYC ACRE Certificate for Cleantech Professionals from the NYU School of Professional Studies.
Business and clean-energy experts from New York City’s cleantech sector will present content and serve as mentors. Participants will be linked with a New York City-based cleantech startup company and will gain practical knowledge and experience through a capstone project.
Qualified candidates who demonstrate financial need may apply for scholarships to the program. Organizers have also applied to enable military veterans to cover program costs under the Post 9/11 GI Bill.
- 2015 Insider Knowledge
- Four Key Questions to Ask Before Your Next Energy Purchase
- eBook: Five Key Considerations for Integrating Renewables into Your Procurement Strategy
- Advanced Rooftop-Unit Control (ARC) Retrofits: Field Demonstrations Validate Energy Savings
- Strategies for a Successful EHS&S Software Selection
- 2016 Energy and Sustainability Predictions Findings from Facilities Professionals
- Choosing the Correct Emission Control Technology
- Shifting the Focus from End-of-Life Recycling to Continuous Product Lifecycles
- Smart Companies Utilize Integrated Energy Solutions
- The Corporate Sustainability Professional's Guide to Better Data Management