Ohio Electric Customers Have Yet Another Provider to Choose From
Hudson Energy, a business-to-business supplier of electric and natural gas commodities in North America, joins a long list of electricity suppliers in Ohio, a deregulated utility market.
Electricity will be sold by Hudson Energy in the Ohio Edison, Cleveland Illuminating and Toledo Edison territories. Hudson Energy, a wholly owned subsidiary of Just Energy Group, plans to launch in other major Ohio electric distribution markets in Spring 2013.
Lori Aniti, an analyst with the Energy Information Administration, said that in deregulated states electricity prices depend more on the open market and may be reduced by the abundance of natural gas. Texas, Illinois and most states in the Northeast are deregulated.
Hudson Energy also will offer pricing technology for its commercial sales partners. “Hudson has developed a portal that allows brokers to have instant access to customer pricing information,” said Al Shulman, vice president of marketing for Just Energy.
Hudson Energy operates in Texas, Illinois, New York, New Jersey, Massachusetts, Pennsylvania and California, in Ontario and Alberta in Canada, and in the United Kingdom.
- Operationalizing EHS Management: Bridge the Gap from Strategy to Execution
- 2015 Insider Knowledge
- Advanced Rooftop-Unit Control (ARC) Retrofits: Field Demonstrations Validate Energy Savings
- 2016 Environmental Leader Product & Project Awards
- Approaches to Managing EHS&S Data
- Choosing the Correct Emission Control Technology
- Four Key Questions to Ask Before Your Next Energy Purchase
- Financing Environmental Resiliency and a Low-Carbon Future with Green Bonds
- eBook: Five Key Considerations for Integrating Renewables into Your Procurement Strategy
- The Corporate Sustainability Professional's Guide to Better Data Management