Ohio Electric Customers Have Yet Another Provider to Choose From
Hudson Energy, a business-to-business supplier of electric and natural gas commodities in North America, joins a long list of electricity suppliers in Ohio, a deregulated utility market.
Electricity will be sold by Hudson Energy in the Ohio Edison, Cleveland Illuminating and Toledo Edison territories. Hudson Energy, a wholly owned subsidiary of Just Energy Group, plans to launch in other major Ohio electric distribution markets in Spring 2013.
Lori Aniti, an analyst with the Energy Information Administration, said that in deregulated states electricity prices depend more on the open market and may be reduced by the abundance of natural gas. Texas, Illinois and most states in the Northeast are deregulated.
Hudson Energy also will offer pricing technology for its commercial sales partners. “Hudson has developed a portal that allows brokers to have instant access to customer pricing information,” said Al Shulman, vice president of marketing for Just Energy.
Hudson Energy operates in Texas, Illinois, New York, New Jersey, Massachusetts, Pennsylvania and California, in Ontario and Alberta in Canada, and in the United Kingdom.
- 2015 Insider Knowledge
- The Corporate Sustainability Professional's Guide to Better Data Management
- 2016 Energy and Sustainability Predictions Findings from Facilities Professionals
- 10 Tactics of Successful Energy Managers
- Four Key Questions to Ask Before Your Next Energy Purchase
- eBook: Five Key Considerations for Integrating Renewables into Your Procurement Strategy
- Get Smarter About Your Energy Procurement Data Book
- Building Energy Benchmarking & Transparency Laws
- Energy Manager Today Awards Top Products and Top Projects of the Year
- Shifting the Focus from End-of-Life Recycling to Continuous Product Lifecycles