Ohio Electric Customers Have Yet Another Provider to Choose From
Hudson Energy, a business-to-business supplier of electric and natural gas commodities in North America, joins a long list of electricity suppliers in Ohio, a deregulated utility market.
Electricity will be sold by Hudson Energy in the Ohio Edison, Cleveland Illuminating and Toledo Edison territories. Hudson Energy, a wholly owned subsidiary of Just Energy Group, plans to launch in other major Ohio electric distribution markets in Spring 2013.
Lori Aniti, an analyst with the Energy Information Administration, said that in deregulated states electricity prices depend more on the open market and may be reduced by the abundance of natural gas. Texas, Illinois and most states in the Northeast are deregulated.
Hudson Energy also will offer pricing technology for its commercial sales partners. “Hudson has developed a portal that allows brokers to have instant access to customer pricing information,” said Al Shulman, vice president of marketing for Just Energy.
Hudson Energy operates in Texas, Illinois, New York, New Jersey, Massachusetts, Pennsylvania and California, in Ontario and Alberta in Canada, and in the United Kingdom.
- NAEM Trends Report: Planning for a Sustainable Future
- How to Automate the Collection & Delivery of Utility Billing Data
- Alarms Management: The Future is Now
- What You Need to Know About Demand Charges
- 2014 Energy and Sustainability Predictions: Findings from Leading Professionals
- Evaluation Guide: Four Steps to a Successful Lighting Evaluation
- How "Fixed" is the Fixed Price Product?
- Harness the Value of Big Data to Build Smarter Infrastructures
- Complex Manufacturing Assets Require Integrated Management
- EHS Managers: The Evolution from Necessary Evil to Vital Leaders
- BUYING STRATEGIES IN A VOLATILE MARKET: What Businesses Need to Know about Retail Electricity Procurement
- Smart Building Technology: The Key to Comprehensive Building Performance
- What Energy Managers Need to know about Procuring Natural Gas: Guidance for 2014 Natural Gas Contracts
- Energy Optimization from the Boiler Room to the Board Room
- Your Roadmap for Energy Management: First Stop – Myths & Realities of Energy Purchasing