Ohio, Michigan YMCAs Want 100% Renewable Energy
The YMCA and JCC of Greater Toledo is collaborating with Clean Green Energy (CGE) for renewable energy at the group’s 35 facilities throughout Michigan and Ohio. The partners are in the process of negotiating site-specific power purchase agreements (PPAs) to fulfill the YMCA’s vision of becoming a net zero operation.
The YMCA’s only obligation will be purchasing the power generated at a discount to its current utility rates.
CGE’s renewable energy offerings include on-site wind turbines, as well as solar, geothermal and biomass energy production. The company also offers Cree LED energy efficiency upgrades. CGE’s energy audit team is currently defining opportunities for the YMCA facilities.
The YMCA Storer Camp in Jackson, Mich., is slated to be the pilot PPA site.
Last year, the 65,000-sq-foot Bedford-Stuyvesant YMCA in the greater New York City area said a lighting retrofit resulted in yearly savings of about 50,000 kWh, equating to a 78 percent cost savings of $10,100.
Why bring buildings online? What information can operations teams glean from real-time data that they can’t just get from the monthly data provided by utility companies? Click to learn more.
- Essential Guide to Lighting Retrofits and Upgrades
- How to Use Lean Tools to Cash In On Environmental and Energy Savings
- Building Energy Intelligence
- Integrated Building Optimization
- Trends in Energy Management: Where Should Your Next Investment Be?
- Six Essential Steps to Drive Effective Energy Management
- Smart Companies Utilize Integrated Energy Solutions
- Integrating sustainability into your ERM framework
- Top 3 Reasons to Calculate Your Environmental Footprint
- Alarms Management: The Future is Now
- Cut Costs and Improve Facility Operations with Energy Data
- Energy Procurement Strategies for Winter 2014 and 2015
- Energy Efficiency Requires Engineering Efficiency
- Integrated Building Optimization: A Crucial Convergence of Demand-side and Supply-Side Energy Management Strategies
- Driving Productivity and Profit with Industrial Energy Management