Ohio School District to save $373,000 Annually via Guaranteed Energy Savings
Oak Hills Local Schools in Tipp City, Ohio, partnered with Energy Optimizers USA to launch a $4 million energy conservation project, expected to generate at least $373,835 in annual savings. The savings will be recognized in the district’s general fund on utility and related maintenance costs, assuming usage consumption and utility rates remain at current levels. The district will issue debt payments of about $330,000 over a 15-year period from its Permanent Improvement Fund to pay for the project.
The project, which includes a solar thermal system to heat the Oak Hills High School swimming pool, will improve the control and reliability of the district’s HVAC and lighting systems while significantly reducing operational costs. In total, 11 buildings will be improved, including the district’s central office and the bus garage.
Energy efficiency measures will include:
- Replacement of interior lighting with more efficient lamps and the removal of unneeded lamps to cut waste
- Replacement of exterior lighting with LED technology to improve energy efficiency
- Installation of energy efficient kitchen measures
- Controls commissioning, repairs, upgrades, integration and advanced energy management controls programming
- Installation of a solar thermal system to heat the swimming pool
- Installation of block heater controls for the bus terminals.
Projected energy savings are guaranteed for three years.
The project will also integrate the Energy Star Portfolio Manager system to model and track the current and on-going energy usage and performance of the school district.
Energy Optimizers USA also makes education a component to the majority of its public school energy conservation projects. As such, it will fund the launch of a Green Team to educate students about energy management concepts and careers in STEM fields.
- 2015 Insider Knowledge
- 2016 Environmental Leader Product & Project Awards
- Improve Occupant Comfort & Reduce Energy Costs Through Humidity Control
- 2016 Energy and Sustainability Predictions Findings from Facilities Professionals
- The New Energy Future - Challenges and Opportunities in Corporate Energy Management
- The Missing Puzzle Piece: Automated Utility Data Aggregation
- The Corporate Sustainability Professional's Guide to Better Data Management
- Four Key Questions to Ask Before Your Next Energy Purchase
- There’s Money in the Trash
- Financing Environmental Resiliency and a Low-Carbon Future with Green Bonds