Ohio Utility Tempts Small Businesses With HVAC, Lighting Incentives
AEP Ohio, a unit of American Electric Power, is revitalizing its Small Business Express program and has awarded a three-year contract to Lime Energy to operate the energy efficiency program.
It targets small commercial customers with annual consumption of less than 200,000 kWh and provide incentives to help offset the costs of implementing upgrades.
AEP Ohio will encourage its small business customers to reduce wasted energy and lower their monthly electric bills by paying up to 80 percent of the project cost to complete an energy retrofit.
The three-year performance-based contract between AEP Ohio and Lime Energy has the potential to save participating small business customers over 30,000 MWh of annual energy usage. The program will focus on lighting and HVAC.
Lime Energy will be the exclusive provider of comprehensive energy efficiency upgrades for the program and anticipates the creation of energy efficiency jobs as a result of the contract. Lime will perform energy audits for small businesses and propose recommendations for energy savings. Then contractors chosen by Lime will complete the retrofits. In addition to its technology platform, Lime brings its small business marketing and sales experience.
- 6 Steps from Getting the Most From Every Lighting Retrofit
- Act Local, Think Global: To Drive Agrifood Supply Chain Sustainability
- Essential Guide to Lighting Retrofits and Upgrades
- 2014 Environmental Leader Product and Project Awards
- Trends in Energy Management: Where Should Your Next Investment Be?
- The CFO and the Sustainability Reporting Chain
- The Top 5 Things You Should Know about Big Energy Data
- Integrated Building Optimization
- Meeting the GHG Challenge: Reporting Solutions
- The Business Case for Corporate Sustainability Tools
- Energy Efficiency Requires Engineering Efficiency
- Integrated Building Optimization: A Crucial Convergence of Demand-side and Supply-Side Energy Management Strategies
- Driving Productivity and Profit with Industrial Energy Management
- Energy Procurement in 2014: Products & Programs to Optimize Savings
- BUYING STRATEGIES IN A VOLATILE MARKET: What Businesses Need to Know about Retail Electricity Procurement