Ohio Utility Tempts Small Businesses With HVAC, Lighting Incentives
AEP Ohio, a unit of American Electric Power, is revitalizing its Small Business Express program and has awarded a three-year contract to Lime Energy to operate the energy efficiency program.
It targets small commercial customers with annual consumption of less than 200,000 kWh and provide incentives to help offset the costs of implementing upgrades.
AEP Ohio will encourage its small business customers to reduce wasted energy and lower their monthly electric bills by paying up to 80 percent of the project cost to complete an energy retrofit.
The three-year performance-based contract between AEP Ohio and Lime Energy has the potential to save participating small business customers over 30,000 MWh of annual energy usage. The program will focus on lighting and HVAC.
Lime Energy will be the exclusive provider of comprehensive energy efficiency upgrades for the program and anticipates the creation of energy efficiency jobs as a result of the contract. Lime will perform energy audits for small businesses and propose recommendations for energy savings. Then contractors chosen by Lime will complete the retrofits. In addition to its technology platform, Lime brings its small business marketing and sales experience.
Why bring buildings online? What information can operations teams glean from real-time data that they can’t just get from the monthly data provided by utility companies? Click to learn more.
- Essential Guide to Lighting Retrofits and Upgrades
- How to Use Lean Tools to Cash In On Environmental and Energy Savings
- Six Essential Steps to Drive Effective Energy Management
- Top 3 Reasons to Calculate Your Environmental Footprint
- Alarms Management: The Future is Now
- Integrating sustainability into your ERM framework
- Existing Building Technologies Combine for Increased Savings
- Getting It Right: Evaluating, Deploying EMIS Software
- Sustainability Careers: Unlocking Hidden Employment Potential
- 2014 Environmental Leader Product and Project Awards
- Cut Costs and Improve Facility Operations with Energy Data
- Energy Procurement Strategies for Winter 2014 and 2015
- Energy Efficiency Requires Engineering Efficiency
- Integrated Building Optimization: A Crucial Convergence of Demand-side and Supply-Side Energy Management Strategies
- Driving Productivity and Profit with Industrial Energy Management