Oklahoma University Scores Almost $300K Incentive
East Central University in Ada, OK, has received an incentive check of $297,437 from Oklahoma Gas & Electric, according to The Ada News.
The incentive was from the utility’s Schools and Government Efficiency (SAGE) program. The story says that the SAGE program provides organizations with no-cost facility improvement recommendations. It also offers benchmarking services, energy master planning and financial incentives, the story says.
The heart of ECU’s participating in SAGE was the installation of LEDs across its campus, which is expected to cut almost 2 million kWh of energy use. It will save ECU $158,000 in energy costs annually, the story said.
Duke Energy and Duke University this spring agreed to build a 21 MW natural gas-fed combined heat and power (CHP) plant on the school’s campus.
- 2016 Environmental Leader Product & Project Awards
- The Corporate Sustainability Professional's Guide to Better Data Management
- 2016 Energy and Sustainability Predictions Findings from Facilities Professionals
- 10 Tactics of Successful Energy Managers
- Choosing the Correct Emission Control Technology
- The New Energy Future - Challenges and Opportunities in Corporate Energy Management
- 2013-2014 Winter Polar Vortex
- The Missing Puzzle Piece: Automated Utility Data Aggregation
- Energy Manager Today Awards Top Products and Top Projects of the Year
- Strategies for a Successful EHS&S Software Selection