Oklahoma University Scores Almost $300K Incentive
East Central University in Ada, OK, has received an incentive check of $297,437 from Oklahoma Gas & Electric, according to The Ada News.
The incentive was from the utility’s Schools and Government Efficiency (SAGE) program. The story says that the SAGE program provides organizations with no-cost facility improvement recommendations. It also offers benchmarking services, energy master planning and financial incentives, the story says.
The heart of ECU’s participating in SAGE was the installation of LEDs across its campus, which is expected to cut almost 2 million kWh of energy use. It will save ECU $158,000 in energy costs annually, the story said.
Duke Energy and Duke University this spring agreed to build a 21 MW natural gas-fed combined heat and power (CHP) plant on the school’s campus.
- 2015 Insider Knowledge
- There’s Money in the Trash
- The New Energy Future - Challenges and Opportunities in Corporate Energy Management
- Four Key Questions to Ask Before Your Next Energy Purchase
- Operationalizing EHS Management: Bridge the Gap from Strategy to Execution
- 2016 Environmental Leader Product & Project Awards
- Choosing the Correct Emission Control Technology
- Top 10 Steps for a Successful EMIS Project
- The Corporate Sustainability Professional's Guide to Better Data Management
- Planning for a Sustainable Future