OLED Market Faces Challenges
Organic light emitting diodes (OLED) have recently entered the fray to secure market share in a fragmented market that also includes include incandescent lamp, compact fluorescent lamp (CFL), halogen lamp, light-emitting diodes (LEDs). While the target markets are diverse, each service different needs and have varying price points.
A report from IDTechEx offers an assessment of the challenges facing OLEDs and predicts the market will grow to $1.3 billion by 2023.
OLED and LED lighting are both solid-state technologies and offer overlapping value propositions per market segment. They will therefore compete directly in many instances. OLED lighting will only gain market share away from LEDs if it clearly defines its unique selling points and carves out initial market niches.
The report is divided into two parts: (a) technology and (b) market assessment. The first offers a comprehensive yet detailed overview of both LED and OLED lighting, going through fabrication processes, material compositions, technology roadmaps, and key players. The second section offers a market assessment that details cost projections.
- How "Fixed" is the Fixed Price Product?
- NAEM Trends Report: Planning for a Sustainable Future
- 2014 Environmental Leader Product and Project Awards
- What You Need to Know About Demand Charges
- How to Automate the Collection & Delivery of Utility Billing Data
- Complex Manufacturing Assets Require Integrated Management
- The Impact of a Changing Workforce on Facilities Management
- The Business Case for Corporate Sustainability Tools
- Alarms Management: The Future is Now
- 2014 Energy and Sustainability Predictions: Findings from Leading Professionals
- Energy Procurement in 2014: Products & Programs to Optimize Savings
- BUYING STRATEGIES IN A VOLATILE MARKET: What Businesses Need to Know about Retail Electricity Procurement
- Smart Building Technology: The Key to Comprehensive Building Performance
- What Energy Managers Need to know about Procuring Natural Gas: Guidance for 2014 Natural Gas Contracts
- Energy Optimization from the Boiler Room to the Board Room