OLED Market Faces Challenges
Organic light emitting diodes (OLED) have recently entered the fray to secure market share in a fragmented market that also includes include incandescent lamp, compact fluorescent lamp (CFL), halogen lamp, light-emitting diodes (LEDs). While the target markets are diverse, each service different needs and have varying price points.
A report from IDTechEx offers an assessment of the challenges facing OLEDs and predicts the market will grow to $1.3 billion by 2023.
OLED and LED lighting are both solid-state technologies and offer overlapping value propositions per market segment. They will therefore compete directly in many instances. OLED lighting will only gain market share away from LEDs if it clearly defines its unique selling points and carves out initial market niches.
The report is divided into two parts: (a) technology and (b) market assessment. The first offers a comprehensive yet detailed overview of both LED and OLED lighting, going through fabrication processes, material compositions, technology roadmaps, and key players. The second section offers a market assessment that details cost projections.
- The World Resources Institute Scope 2 Guidance: A Verifier’s Perspective
- Shifting the Focus from End-of-Life Recycling to Continuous Product Lifecycles
- 2016 Energy and Sustainability Predictions - Findings from Leading Professionals
- Energy Manager Today Awards Top Products and Top Projects of the Year
- Planning for a Sustainable Future
- 6 for 2016: Global Energy Market Trends
- Addressing Regulatory Trends with UVC LED-based Sensors
- Beyond Compliance: Applying a Risk Lens to Your EHS Practice
- Choosing the Correct Emission Control Technology
- How to Thrive in Today's EHS Landscape