OLED Market Faces Challenges
Organic light emitting diodes (OLED) have recently entered the fray to secure market share in a fragmented market that also includes include incandescent lamp, compact fluorescent lamp (CFL), halogen lamp, light-emitting diodes (LEDs). While the target markets are diverse, each service different needs and have varying price points.
A report from IDTechEx offers an assessment of the challenges facing OLEDs and predicts the market will grow to $1.3 billion by 2023.
OLED and LED lighting are both solid-state technologies and offer overlapping value propositions per market segment. They will therefore compete directly in many instances. OLED lighting will only gain market share away from LEDs if it clearly defines its unique selling points and carves out initial market niches.
The report is divided into two parts: (a) technology and (b) market assessment. The first offers a comprehensive yet detailed overview of both LED and OLED lighting, going through fabrication processes, material compositions, technology roadmaps, and key players. The second section offers a market assessment that details cost projections.
- 2015 Environmental Leader Product & Project Awards
- NAEM 2015 EHS and Sustainability Software Buyers Guide
- How "Fixed" is the Fixed Price Product?
- Improve Your Company's Environment and Energy Performance
- Unlocking the Value of Energy & Operational Data
- Combined Heat and Power
- Verdantix Green Quadrant for EHS Software
- 2013-2014 Winter Polar Vortex
- Let's Do The Math for DR
- Solar Request for Proposal (RFP) Guide
- Connected Buildings, Connected People: A Look to the Future
- Cut Costs and Improve Facility Operations with Energy Data
- Energy Procurement Strategies for Winter 2014 and 2015
- Energy Efficiency Requires Engineering Efficiency
- Integrated Building Optimization: A Crucial Convergence of Demand-side and Supply-Side Energy Management Strategies