On-site Solar: Cedars-Sinai, Staples
Stellar Solar activated a solar carport system that is part of Cedars-Sinai‘s new Advanced Health Sciences Pavilion (pictured). The system incorporates 1,190 240-watt panels in multiple locations atop the parking structure adjacent to the pavilion. The solar installation is one of many aspects of the design of the Advanced Health Sciences Pavilion, which is designed to meet the requirements of a Gold certified structure under the US Green Building Council’s LEED Program.
In other on-site energy news, Staples and SunEdison unveiled a solar installation at Staples’ headquarters campus in Framingham, Mass. The project is Staples’ 37th solar array, bringing the company’s use of solar power to nearly 14 MW nationally. The 685 kW solar installation in Framingham consists of more than 2,440 SunEdison Silvantis solar modules and will generate an estimated 850,000 kWh annually to help power Staples’ 650,000-sq-foot office building. SunEdison develops, finances, operates and manages the solar installation, and Staples buys the energy produced at long-term, predictable pricing via a power purchase agreement (PPA). Staples uses renewable power for 100 percent of its total US electricity consumption – which is more than 636 million kWh – through on-site solar projects combined with green power purchases.
- 2014 Insider Knowledge Report
- 2014 Environmental Leader Product and Project Awards
- Act Local, Think Global: To Drive Agrifood Supply Chain Sustainability
- Trends in Energy Management: Where Should Your Next Investment Be?
- The CFO and the Sustainability Reporting Chain
- Smart Companies Utilize Integrated Energy Solutions
- Energy Efficiency Ratings: Benchmarks that Drive Excellence in Building Design & Operations
- 6 Steps from Getting the Most From Every Lighting Retrofit
- How to Automate the Collection & Delivery of Utility Billing Data
- NAEM Trends Report: Planning for a Sustainable Future
- Energy Efficiency Requires Engineering Efficiency
- Integrated Building Optimization: A Crucial Convergence of Demand-side and Supply-Side Energy Management Strategies
- Driving Productivity and Profit with Industrial Energy Management
- Energy Procurement in 2014: Products & Programs to Optimize Savings
- BUYING STRATEGIES IN A VOLATILE MARKET: What Businesses Need to Know about Retail Electricity Procurement