On-site Solar: Cedars-Sinai, Staples
Stellar Solar activated a solar carport system that is part of Cedars-Sinai‘s new Advanced Health Sciences Pavilion (pictured). The system incorporates 1,190 240-watt panels in multiple locations atop the parking structure adjacent to the pavilion. The solar installation is one of many aspects of the design of the Advanced Health Sciences Pavilion, which is designed to meet the requirements of a Gold certified structure under the US Green Building Council’s LEED Program.
In other on-site energy news, Staples and SunEdison unveiled a solar installation at Staples’ headquarters campus in Framingham, Mass. The project is Staples’ 37th solar array, bringing the company’s use of solar power to nearly 14 MW nationally. The 685 kW solar installation in Framingham consists of more than 2,440 SunEdison Silvantis solar modules and will generate an estimated 850,000 kWh annually to help power Staples’ 650,000-sq-foot office building. SunEdison develops, finances, operates and manages the solar installation, and Staples buys the energy produced at long-term, predictable pricing via a power purchase agreement (PPA). Staples uses renewable power for 100 percent of its total US electricity consumption – which is more than 636 million kWh – through on-site solar projects combined with green power purchases.
- LG Electronics: Enhancing customer Experience through Sustainability
- 2015 Environmental Leader Product & Project Awards
- Unlocking the Value of Energy & Operational Data
- Migration to Mobile: The Evolution of EHS Management Tools
- Improve Your Company's Environment and Energy Performance
- Gartner Magic Quadrant
- Solar Request for Proposal (RFP) Guide
- Dawn of the Building Performance Era
- Under the Lens: Claiming Green
- NAEM Research Report: Planning for a Sustainable Future