Online Platform Helps Secure Financing for Energy Efficiency Projects
CapX Partners launched its online Energy Conservation and Performance (E-CAP) Platform, a new tool to help building owners, energy saving companies, contractors and engineers secure financing for their energy savings projects. The E-CAP Platform will incorporate energy insurer Energi’s expertise in energy efficiency into the online underwriting process, helping to securitize energy savings and protect project guarantees.
At first, E-CAP will enable qualified energy efficiency providers to identify projects, as well as bid for them on the Honest Buildings network. The Platform will provide development memorandums, credit applications and project implementation plans to facilitate the development process. Then it offers users turnkey performance insurance and financing options.
Although insurance products such as those offered by Energi aren’t typically purchased by investors, obtaining insurance can alter the risk-return profile of an alternative energy investment enough to encourage an otherwise-unwilling investor, says CapX Partners.
US energy service companies have contributed significantly to the rise of energy efficiency over the past several decades, with Navigant estimating the US ESCO market at $4.9 billion in 2013. Notwithstanding, industry experts assert that inertia is the key impediment from greatly expanding this market. CapX Partners says its platform increases capacity (financing and rated performance guarantees) while also providing cost benefit and peer building analyses to building owners.
- Environmental Leader Technology Reviews
- The Logistics, Carbon, and Business Data Book: Fall 2012 Sustainability Trends
- 2013 Insider Knowledge
- Guide to Energy, Carbon and Environmental Software
- How "Fixed" is the Fixed Price Product?
- 10 Ways to Slash Energy Cost & Reduce Budget Uncertainty
- 5 Must-Have Utility Billing Alerts
- The Business Case for Corporate Sustainability Tools
- The Impact of a Changing Workforce on Facilities Management
- Q4 2013 Sustainability Trends - The Logistics, Carbon and Business Data Book
- Smart Building Technology: The Key to Comprehensive Building Performance
- What Energy Managers Need to know about Procuring Natural Gas: Guidance for 2014 Natural Gas Contracts
- Energy Optimization from the Boiler Room to the Board Room
- Your Roadmap for Energy Management: First Stop – Myths & Realities of Energy Purchasing
- Control the Balance of Power: The Future of Intelligent Energy Systems