OpenADR Top of Mind at DistribuTECH
Automated demand response (ADR) was a hot topic at the recent DistribuTECH conference in San Antonio, according to Smart Grid News.
It’s not just vendors that focus on demand response from the utility perspective that consider the business ripe with opportunities; there is also a whole new breed of energy management vendors, delivering ADR solutions to commercial customers.
According to a recent report from Navigant Research, Automated Demand Response, the ADR business worldwide will grow from about $13 million in 2014 to more than $1.85 million by 2023. Navigant’s report looks at familiar commercial ADR providers such as Constellation Energy, EnerNOC, Powerit Solutions, REGEN Energy and Schneider Electric, several of which had strong presences at DistribuTECH, according to Smart Grid News.
Groups like the OpenADR Alliance and Zigbee Alliance that are working to create standards were also prominent at DistribuTECH.
The OpenADR Alliance says new sponsor member, IPKeys has joined its board of directors comprised of Southern California Edison, Lawrence Berkeley National Laboratory, Pacific Gas & Electric (PG&E), AutoGrid, EnerNOC, Honeywell and Siemens.
- Migration to Mobile: The Evolution of EHS Management Tools
- 2015 Environmental Leader Product & Project Awards
- Improve Your Company's Environment and Energy Performance
- Verdantix Green Quadrant for EHS Software
- Let's Do The Math for DR
- Case Study: Dassault Falcon Jet Taps Intelligent LED Lighting Solutions
- How to Thrive in Today's EHS Landscape
- NAEM 2015 EHS and Sustainability Software Buyers Guide
- Gartner Magic Quadrant
- NAEM Research Report: Planning for a Sustainable Future