OpenADR Top of Mind at DistribuTECH
Automated demand response (ADR) was a hot topic at the recent DistribuTECH conference in San Antonio, according to Smart Grid News.
It’s not just vendors that focus on demand response from the utility perspective that consider the business ripe with opportunities; there is also a whole new breed of energy management vendors, delivering ADR solutions to commercial customers.
According to a recent report from Navigant Research, Automated Demand Response, the ADR business worldwide will grow from about $13 million in 2014 to more than $1.85 million by 2023. Navigant’s report looks at familiar commercial ADR providers such as Constellation Energy, EnerNOC, Powerit Solutions, REGEN Energy and Schneider Electric, several of which had strong presences at DistribuTECH, according to Smart Grid News.
Groups like the OpenADR Alliance and Zigbee Alliance that are working to create standards were also prominent at DistribuTECH.
The OpenADR Alliance says new sponsor member, IPKeys has joined its board of directors comprised of Southern California Edison, Lawrence Berkeley National Laboratory, Pacific Gas & Electric (PG&E), AutoGrid, EnerNOC, Honeywell and Siemens.
- 2016 Environmental Leader Product & Project Awards
- Just the Facts: 8 Popular Misconceptions about LEDs & Controls
- Building Energy Benchmarking & Transparency Laws
- Financing Environmental Resiliency and a Low-Carbon Future with Green Bonds
- Planning for a Sustainable Future
- Energy Manager Today Awards Top Products and Top Projects of the Year
- Shifting the Focus from End-of-Life Recycling to Continuous Product Lifecycles
- Choosing the Correct Emission Control Technology
- 2015 Insider Knowledge
- 2016 Energy and Sustainability Predictions - Findings from Leading Professionals