OpenADR Top of Mind at DistribuTECH
Automated demand response (ADR) was a hot topic at the recent DistribuTECH conference in San Antonio, according to Smart Grid News.
It’s not just vendors that focus on demand response from the utility perspective that consider the business ripe with opportunities; there is also a whole new breed of energy management vendors, delivering ADR solutions to commercial customers.
According to a recent report from Navigant Research, Automated Demand Response, the ADR business worldwide will grow from about $13 million in 2014 to more than $1.85 million by 2023. Navigant’s report looks at familiar commercial ADR providers such as Constellation Energy, EnerNOC, Powerit Solutions, REGEN Energy and Schneider Electric, several of which had strong presences at DistribuTECH, according to Smart Grid News.
Groups like the OpenADR Alliance and Zigbee Alliance that are working to create standards were also prominent at DistribuTECH.
The OpenADR Alliance says new sponsor member, IPKeys has joined its board of directors comprised of Southern California Edison, Lawrence Berkeley National Laboratory, Pacific Gas & Electric (PG&E), AutoGrid, EnerNOC, Honeywell and Siemens.
- 2015 Environmental Leader Product & Project Awards
- Improve Your Company's Environment and Energy Performance
- 2015 Insider Knowledge
- There’s Money in the Trash
- Energy Manager Today Awards Top Products and Top Projects of the Year
- Practical Insights into the Implementation of GHS Around the Globe
- Beyond Compliance: Applying a Risk Lens to Your EHS Practice
- A Roadmap for Effective Process Safety Management
- Just the Facts: 8 Popular Misconceptions about LEDs & Controls
- Verdantix Green Quadrant for EHS Software