OpenADR Top of Mind at DistribuTECH
Automated demand response (ADR) was a hot topic at the recent DistribuTECH conference in San Antonio, according to Smart Grid News.
It’s not just vendors that focus on demand response from the utility perspective that consider the business ripe with opportunities; there is also a whole new breed of energy management vendors, delivering ADR solutions to commercial customers.
According to a recent report from Navigant Research, Automated Demand Response, the ADR business worldwide will grow from about $13 million in 2014 to more than $1.85 million by 2023. Navigant’s report looks at familiar commercial ADR providers such as Constellation Energy, EnerNOC, Powerit Solutions, REGEN Energy and Schneider Electric, several of which had strong presences at DistribuTECH, according to Smart Grid News.
Groups like the OpenADR Alliance and Zigbee Alliance that are working to create standards were also prominent at DistribuTECH.
The OpenADR Alliance says new sponsor member, IPKeys has joined its board of directors comprised of Southern California Edison, Lawrence Berkeley National Laboratory, Pacific Gas & Electric (PG&E), AutoGrid, EnerNOC, Honeywell and Siemens.
- Verdantix Green Quadrant for EHS Software
- Best Practices in Electricity Procurement
- 2015 Environmental Leader Product & Project Awards
- Improve Your Company's Environment and Energy Performance
- Unlocking the Value of Energy & Operational Data
- The Future of Operational Risk Management: The Oil & Gas and Chemicals Approach
- 2013-2014 Winter Polar Vortex
- Combined Heat and Power
- Let's Do The Math for DR
- How "Fixed" is the Fixed Price Product?