Opower Beefs Up Platform
Opower released its Opower 5.5 Flex with enhancements to its technology platform. The company says Opower 5.5 Flex enables more than 95 utilities worldwide to meet rising expectations of residential and business customers.
New capabilities include:
- Load Curve Archetypes use machine learning to cluster customers based on energy usage patterns. Utilities can create segments to differentiate marketing content to customers based on their load profiles, such as late afternoon peakers or midday users.
- Visual Segmentation 2.0 optimizes customer communications and program enrollment in response to behavioral patterns.
In addition, Opower announced a collaboration with Emerson Electric – OpenStat, which is a set of APIs to support utility led smart thermostat programs. An open source project, OpenStat introduces a new standard for how thermostat manufacturers, Opower, and utilities can work together to deploy multi-channel thermostat programs. Through a secure certificate management process administered by Opower using 4096-bit keys, authorized partners, including EnergySavvy and First Fuel can integrate with the Opower platform via a set of standardized APIs.
Opower says its clients are utilizing the new ecosystem capabilities to serve every customer class in their portfolios.
- Four Key Questions to Ask Before Your Next Energy Purchase
- 2015 Insider Knowledge
- Advanced Rooftop-Unit Control (ARC) Retrofits: Field Demonstrations Validate Energy Savings
- eBook: Five Key Considerations for Integrating Renewables into Your Procurement Strategy
- Improve Occupant Comfort & Reduce Energy Costs Through Humidity Control
- The New Energy Future - Challenges and Opportunities in Corporate Energy Management
- 2016 Energy and Sustainability Predictions Findings from Facilities Professionals
- 2016 Environmental Leader Product & Project Awards
- There’s Money in the Trash
- Energy Manager Today Awards Top Products and Top Projects of the Year