Optimum Energy Gleans $12.2m Financing, Siemens Shutters Solar Thermal Unit
Optimum Energy has completed a $12.2 million financing round led by new investor Navitas Capital, which is backed by a venture capital advisory relationship with Johnson Controls. The round also includes existing investor Columbia Pacific Advisors.
The financing round will accelerate Optimum Energy’s augmentation of its energy optimization and machine learning technologies. Navitas Capital invested because it sees the potential of the Optimum Energy platform to alter the energy efficiency and asset efficiency equations for large-scale HVAC installations worldwide.
Optimum Energy says it brings the Internet of Things to enterprise HVAC optimization, conducting 1.5 billion optimization calculations annually in 70 million square feet of commercial space.
In other news, Siemens will close its solar thermal power unit after being unable to find a buyer, reports Bloomberg. The unit has suffered losses of about $1 billion since 2011. The closure will affect about 280 workers at Munich-based Siemens. The division was put up for sale in October 2012.
- Environmental Leader Technology Reviews
- Guide to Energy, Carbon and Environmental Software
- The Logistics, Carbon, and Business Data Book: Fall 2012 Sustainability Trends
- 2013 Insider Knowledge
- How "Fixed" is the Fixed Price Product?
- How to Reduce Cost by Increasing Accountability for Energy Efficiency
- How to Automate the Collection & Delivery of Utility Billing Data
- The Business Case for Corporate Sustainability Tools
- Select the Right Solution for Facilities Management
- 9 Ways to Reduce Energy Costs
- Smart Building Technology: The Key to Comprehensive Building Performance
- What Energy Managers Need to know about Procuring Natural Gas: Guidance for 2014 Natural Gas Contracts
- Energy Optimization from the Boiler Room to the Board Room
- Your Roadmap for Energy Management: First Stop – Myths & Realities of Energy Purchasing
- Control the Balance of Power: The Future of Intelligent Energy Systems