OptimumEdge, for Small Commercial Buildings, Due Next Month
OptimumEDGE, an HVAC optimization platform for small commercial facilities, will be launched next month, according to Optimum Energy.
The company says that it is aimed at buildings with as many as three chillers that offer a combined cooling capacity of 400 to 2,000 tons. The platform uses relational control algorithms to optimize chiller system components in relation to one another, the company says. The system responds to real-time building loads and changing ambient and occupancy conditions..
The key is the coordination of multiple chillers. In addition to saving energy, the company says that OptimumEDGE extends equipment life, prevents performance drift and generates data on plant operation.
Garden City, KS, is using funds left over from an energy efficiency program to upgrade the HVAC system in its low-income housing facility.
- 2015 Insider Knowledge
- Strategies for a Successful EHS&S Software Selection
- The New Energy Future - Challenges and Opportunities in Corporate Energy Management
- Approaches to Managing EHS&S Data
- Four Key Questions to Ask Before Your Next Energy Purchase
- Operationalizing EHS Management: Bridge the Gap from Strategy to Execution
- Choosing the Correct Emission Control Technology
- 10 Tactics of Successful Energy Managers
- The Corporate Sustainability Professional's Guide to Better Data Management
- eBook: Five Key Considerations for Integrating Renewables into Your Procurement Strategy