NORESCO Signs ESPCs for 2 Prisons
The Federal Bureau of Prisons has selected NORESCO to upgrade the Federal Correctional Institution in Fort Dix, NJ and the Federal Detention Center in Philadelphia.
The work will be done under a $49 million energy savings performance contract (ESPC). It will help fulfill mandates in Executive Order 13693 regarding federal sustainability. The EO was released in March, 2015.
NORESCO says the contract calls for reductions in water consumption of 61 percent and electricity use by 20 percent at the New Jersey location and water by 44 percent and electricity by 27 percent in Philadelphia. The Federal Bureau of Prisons will not make any upfront investment in the projects.
In February, 2015, Constellation was awarded a $45 million water and energy contract for a project at the Federal Correctional Complex in Coleman, FL.
- 2015 Insider Knowledge
- 2016 Environmental Leader Product & Project Awards
- Advanced Rooftop-Unit Control (ARC) Retrofits: Field Demonstrations Validate Energy Savings
- 2016 Energy and Sustainability Predictions Findings from Facilities Professionals
- 10 Tactics of Successful Energy Managers
- eBook: Five Key Considerations for Integrating Renewables into Your Procurement Strategy
- The New Energy Future - Challenges and Opportunities in Corporate Energy Management
- Smart Companies Utilize Integrated Energy Solutions
- Shifting the Focus from End-of-Life Recycling to Continuous Product Lifecycles
- Financing Environmental Resiliency and a Low-Carbon Future with Green Bonds