NORESCO Signs ESPCs for 2 Prisons
The Federal Bureau of Prisons has selected NORESCO to upgrade the Federal Correctional Institution in Fort Dix, NJ and the Federal Detention Center in Philadelphia.
The work will be done under a $49 million energy savings performance contract (ESPC). It will help fulfill mandates in Executive Order 13693 regarding federal sustainability. The EO was released in March, 2015.
NORESCO says the contract calls for reductions in water consumption of 61 percent and electricity use by 20 percent at the New Jersey location and water by 44 percent and electricity by 27 percent in Philadelphia. The Federal Bureau of Prisons will not make any upfront investment in the projects.
In February, 2015, Constellation was awarded a $45 million water and energy contract for a project at the Federal Correctional Complex in Coleman, FL.
- Top 10 Steps for a Successful EMIS Project
- eBook: Five Key Considerations for Integrating Renewables into Your Procurement Strategy
- Planning for a Sustainable Future
- Improve Occupant Comfort & Reduce Energy Costs Through Humidity Control
- Four Key Questions to Ask Before Your Next Energy Purchase
- 2016 Energy and Sustainability Predictions Findings from Facilities Professionals
- The Corporate Sustainability Professional's Guide to Better Data Management
- 2016 Environmental Leader Product & Project Awards
- There’s Money in the Trash
- Financing Environmental Resiliency and a Low-Carbon Future with Green Bonds