Orion Wins School District Contracts, Increases Chances for Incentives
Several school districts nationwide have recently reduced their maintenance cost and energy use while improving the quality of light in the classroom and becoming eligible for higher rebates and incentives by installing energy efficient retrofit lighting platforms.
Orion Energy Systems, a manufacturer of retrofit lighting platforms, says its lighting solutions have been installed in the Chula Vista School District in California, the Webster Groves School District in Missouri, and the School District of Spencer in Wisconsin.
Orion says its Apollo LED Recessed Troffer, known as the Jetson, is an ideal upgrade for schools and other public sector facilities seeking to replace energy-consuming fluorescent troffer fixtures with high efficiency LED light sources because it is designed specifically to maximize rebate and incentive potential.
Mueller Electric recently completed the retrofit at the School District of Spencer. This included upgrading all of the school’s 1200 legacy T8 fluorescent troffers to the Jetson, making the school eligible for higher rebates (compared to competitive retrofit products) from Focus on Energy, the Wisconsin investor-owned utilities’ statewide energy efficiency program, Orion says.
Orion has also successfully vied for contracts to complete retrofits on Veterans Affairs’ hospitals. Last May, the company received a contract award of about $700,000 from a Veterans Affairs hospital in Virginia. Orion is upgrading the location’s fluorescent fixtures with its LED Troffer Retrofit product.
- 2015 Insider Knowledge
- 2016 Environmental Leader Product & Project Awards
- eBook: Five Key Considerations for Integrating Renewables into Your Procurement Strategy
- Improve Occupant Comfort & Reduce Energy Costs Through Humidity Control
- The New Energy Future - Challenges and Opportunities in Corporate Energy Management
- Choosing the Correct Emission Control Technology
- Building Energy Benchmarking & Transparency Laws
- The Corporate Sustainability Professional's Guide to Better Data Management
- 10 Tactics of Successful Energy Managers
- Strategies for a Successful EHS&S Software Selection