Ottawa Arena Projects 70% Energy Savings with LEDs
Ephesus was selected after facility operators conducted an extensive side-by-side test with three other lighting companies offering LED systems.
Canadian Tire Centre will replace its metal halide system with the Arena 600 and Arena 300 lights and the Ephesus wireless control system. Despite reducing the number of fixtures by more than one-third, the Ephesus lighting system will increase light intensity and uniformity and yield a projected energy savings of more than 70 percent, says the company.
Ephesus LED arena-designed lighting system is certified under Design Light Consortium’s (DLC) quality, performance and energy efficiency requirements. The DLC certification enables facilities to receive energy incentives from utility providers.
- Integrated Building Optimization
- Existing Building Technologies Combine for Increased Savings
- Integrating sustainability into your ERM framework
- Building Energy Intelligence
- Mobility From The Plant Floor To The Store Door: Improve Safety, Accuracy, and Productivity
- Meeting the GHG Challenge: Reporting Solutions
- Sustainability Careers: Unlocking Hidden Employment Potential
- Alarms Management: The Future is Now
- Six Essential Steps to Drive Effective Energy Management
- 2014 Environmental Leader Product and Project Awards
- Cut Costs and Improve Facility Operations with Energy Data
- Energy Procurement Strategies for Winter 2014 and 2015
- Energy Efficiency Requires Engineering Efficiency
- Integrated Building Optimization: A Crucial Convergence of Demand-side and Supply-Side Energy Management Strategies
- Driving Productivity and Profit with Industrial Energy Management