Ottawa Arena Projects 70% Energy Savings with LEDs
Ephesus was selected after facility operators conducted an extensive side-by-side test with three other lighting companies offering LED systems.
Canadian Tire Centre will replace its metal halide system with the Arena 600 and Arena 300 lights and the Ephesus wireless control system. Despite reducing the number of fixtures by more than one-third, the Ephesus lighting system will increase light intensity and uniformity and yield a projected energy savings of more than 70 percent, says the company.
Ephesus LED arena-designed lighting system is certified under Design Light Consortium’s (DLC) quality, performance and energy efficiency requirements. The DLC certification enables facilities to receive energy incentives from utility providers.
Why bring buildings online? What information can operations teams glean from real-time data that they can’t just get from the monthly data provided by utility companies? Click to learn more.
- Existing Building Technologies Combine for Increased Savings
- Combined Heat and Power
- 2014 Environmental Leader Product and Project Awards
- Energy Financing Report
- Unlocking the Value of Energy & Operational Data
- Improve Your Company's Environment and Energy Performance
- Best Practices in Electricity Procurement
- Smart Companies Utilize Integrated Energy Solutions
- Increase the Value of Demand Response Through Automation
- Let's Do The Math for DR
- Cut Costs and Improve Facility Operations with Energy Data
- Energy Procurement Strategies for Winter 2014 and 2015
- Energy Efficiency Requires Engineering Efficiency
- Integrated Building Optimization: A Crucial Convergence of Demand-side and Supply-Side Energy Management Strategies
- Driving Productivity and Profit with Industrial Energy Management