Outdoor LED Lights Drive $49,000 Annual Savings for Atlanta Lexus Dealer
When the new owners of Lexus of South Atlanta assumed operations in June 2011, they quickly pinpointed one of the first things they would change: the energy-guzzling outdoor lighting. Opting for an LED system, the dealership chose GE Evolve LED Area Lights, cutting energy costs $49,000 a year for the long life of the new system.
Lexus of South Atlanta contacted Georgia Power Company, which performed a comprehensive site analysis. Georgia Power suggested installation of 82 GE Evolve LED Area Lights on 55 poles, distributed to optimize the lighting levels for the facility and to use the existing poles and pole locations. The Georgia Power team suggested removal of the existing lighting system, consisting of 138 1,000-watt metal halide fixtures.
The new LED lighting was installed by December 2011. The LEDs cast a white light, which piques people’s interest as they drive by the car lot at night. Aesthetics weren’t the only noticeable difference. Whereas the old HID lighting consumed 596,160 kWhs of electricity a year, the new GE Evolve LED system draws a total of 77,289 kWhs, a nearly 87-percent reduction in electricity use. Lexus of South Atlanta will now spend about $49,000 less for outdoor lighting each year.
- Guide to Energy, Carbon and Environmental Software
- Expert Q and A: Tips for Automating your Energy Data
- Alarms Management: The Future is Now
- What You Need to Know About Demand Charges
- 24 Hour Fitness Trims Waste Costs Through an Effective Waste Recycling Program
- Evaluation Guide: Four Steps to a Successful Lighting Evaluation
- How "Fixed" is the Fixed Price Product?
- The Impact of a Changing Workforce on Facilities Management
- An Integrated Approach to Managing Today's Energy and Utility Assets
- EHS Managers: The Evolution from Necessary Evil to Vital Leaders
- BUYING STRATEGIES IN A VOLATILE MARKET: What Businesses Need to Know about Retail Electricity Procurement
- Smart Building Technology: The Key to Comprehensive Building Performance
- What Energy Managers Need to know about Procuring Natural Gas: Guidance for 2014 Natural Gas Contracts
- Energy Optimization from the Boiler Room to the Board Room
- Your Roadmap for Energy Management: First Stop – Myths & Realities of Energy Purchasing