Outdoor LED Lights Drive $49,000 Annual Savings for Atlanta Lexus Dealer
When the new owners of Lexus of South Atlanta assumed operations in June 2011, they quickly pinpointed one of the first things they would change: the energy-guzzling outdoor lighting. Opting for an LED system, the dealership chose GE Evolve LED Area Lights, cutting energy costs $49,000 a year for the long life of the new system.
Lexus of South Atlanta contacted Georgia Power Company, which performed a comprehensive site analysis. Georgia Power suggested installation of 82 GE Evolve LED Area Lights on 55 poles, distributed to optimize the lighting levels for the facility and to use the existing poles and pole locations. The Georgia Power team suggested removal of the existing lighting system, consisting of 138 1,000-watt metal halide fixtures.
The new LED lighting was installed by December 2011. The LEDs cast a white light, which piques people’s interest as they drive by the car lot at night. Aesthetics weren’t the only noticeable difference. Whereas the old HID lighting consumed 596,160 kWhs of electricity a year, the new GE Evolve LED system draws a total of 77,289 kWhs, a nearly 87-percent reduction in electricity use. Lexus of South Atlanta will now spend about $49,000 less for outdoor lighting each year.
- 2014 Environmental Leader Product and Project Awards
- Sustainability Careers: Unlocking Hidden Employment Potential
- 2013-20114 Winter Polar Vortex
- The Guru’s Guide: Implementing Environmental ERP Systems
- Essential Guide to Lighting Retrofits and Upgrades
- Integrated Building Optimization
- The Business Case for Corporate Sustainability Tools
- Trends in Energy Management: Where Should Your Next Investment Be?
- NAEM Trends Report: Planning for a Sustainable Future
- The CFO and the Sustainability Reporting Chain
- Energy Efficiency Requires Engineering Efficiency
- Integrated Building Optimization: A Crucial Convergence of Demand-side and Supply-Side Energy Management Strategies
- Driving Productivity and Profit with Industrial Energy Management
- Energy Procurement in 2014: Products & Programs to Optimize Savings
- BUYING STRATEGIES IN A VOLATILE MARKET: What Businesses Need to Know about Retail Electricity Procurement