Outsourced Data Center Space Growing
The exploding outsourced data center market has grown 13 percent in just the past year to reach $8.8 billion. The one-quarter of all data center space is predicted to increase another 15 percent by the end of this year, according to a new report from DCD Intelligence.
This growth is being fueled by increasing IT capacity requirements combined with reduced budgets and the need to access new technologies, according to a report in Data Center Knowledge.
The 2013-2014 Census Report: North America Data Center Markets tracks industry trends along with facility requirements and power. The predominant trend is the continued shift to outsourced data centers.
North America now has 107.3 million square feet of data center white space, an increase of 3.5 percent over 2012. Power consumption is at 11.55 GW, an increase of 6.8 percent. Energy management is a primary consideration, so power consumption continues to grow even as centers become more energy efficient. DCD has reduced its power consumption forecast through to 2016 because of this focus.
- How "Fixed" is the Fixed Price Product?
- NAEM Trends Report: Planning for a Sustainable Future
- How to Automate the Collection & Delivery of Utility Billing Data
- 2014 Environmental Leader Product and Project Awards
- What You Need to Know About Demand Charges
- Alarms Management: The Future is Now
- The Guru’s Guide: Implementing Environmental ERP Systems
- Optimizing Asset and Service Management in the Manufacturing Industry
- The Business Case for Corporate Sustainability Tools
- Dow Chemical Company Optimizes Facility Management Worldwide
- Energy Procurement in 2014: Products & Programs to Optimize Savings
- BUYING STRATEGIES IN A VOLATILE MARKET: What Businesses Need to Know about Retail Electricity Procurement
- Smart Building Technology: The Key to Comprehensive Building Performance
- What Energy Managers Need to know about Procuring Natural Gas: Guidance for 2014 Natural Gas Contracts
- Energy Optimization from the Boiler Room to the Board Room