Parent of TXU Energy and Luminant Announces Corporate Rebranding as Vistra Energy
Dallas-based TCEH announced on November 4 that the Financial Industry Regulatory Authority (FINRA) had approved the company’s previously-announced decision to change its name to Vistra Energy. The changes were to be effective as of November 7.
As the parent company of retail electric provider TXU Energy and of electric generator Luminant, Vistra Energy said it will “continue a long-standing commitment to support the communities in which its subsidiaries and predecessor companies have operated for many decades.”
TCEH Corp. recently emerged from Chapter 11 as a standalone company, effected through a tax-free spinoff from Energy Future Holdings. The rebranded entity, Vistra Energy, includes TCEH’s experienced management team, led by CEO Curt Morgan.
“The energy market in Texas – and beyond – has never been more exciting and transformative,” Morgan commented. “This includes new technologies that are reimagining how we generate energy, and unprecedented choice and control for today’s energy consumers. The Vistra Energy brand is intended to capture the full opportunity set before us, backed by a proud history, the industry’s best team of professionals, stellar operating assets, and a strong balance sheet.”
According to the newly entitled company, the name Vistra Energy captures the “vision” of an energy company preparing for the future and the “tradition” of an energy company whose lineage dates more than a century.
In connection with the announcement, Vistra Energy has launched a new online presence at www.vistraenergy.com..
- 2016 Environmental Leader Product & Project Awards
- Operationalizing EHS Management: Bridge the Gap from Strategy to Execution
- 2015 Insider Knowledge
- Practical Guide to Transforming Energy Data into Better Buildings
- Four Key Questions to Ask Before Your Next Energy Purchase
- 2016 Energy and Sustainability Predictions Findings from Facilities Professionals
- Financing Environmental Resiliency and a Low-Carbon Future with Green Bonds
- Improve Occupant Comfort & Reduce Energy Costs Through Humidity Control
- The New Energy Future - Challenges and Opportunities in Corporate Energy Management
- Combined Heat and Power