Partnerships: E.ON, IBM; Silver Spring Networks, Sunrise Technologies
Silver Spring Networks partnered with Sunrise Technologies, a manufacturer of street lighting photocontrols for utilities. Silver Spring’s networking platform will be integrated into Sunrise Technologies’ utility-grade BrownBetty OpenGrid Light Control module. Silver Spring Networks’ secure IP platform, at scale across 17 million connected endpoints, enables utility customers to deploy large street light networks across their service territories, and the company wants to extend its network to commercial lighting customers. Sunrise Technologies’ BrownBetty OpenGrid Light Control provides network-based control in an external module, with features including on-off, dimming (energy reduction) functionality, luminaire energy measurement, remote lamp failure detection, and revenue grade light metering for LED and HID luminaires.
IBM has been selected by Munich-based E.ON Metering to operate its smart metering IT infrastructure in a private cloud. E.ON Metering will use IBM’s Intelligent Energy Service Enablement Platform to improve the deployment and management of smart meters and simplify the integration of renewables. Under this agreement, E.ON will migrate and host the infrastructure in a private cloud using IBM SmartCloud at one of IBM’s data centers in Germany. At the same time, the new platform will be upgraded with new analytics and management tools based on IBM software so that customers will have the ability to view their usage profiles for information about time-of-use-rates and changes in use patterns that can be compared with historical data. Besides the first target markets of Germany, Austria and Switzerland, both companies aim to further market the new platform jointly in other international markets.
- How "Fixed" is the Fixed Price Product?
- Expert Q and A: Tips for Automating your Energy Data
- Guide to Energy, Carbon and Environmental Software
- 2014 Environmental Leader Product and Project Awards
- What You Need to Know About Demand Charges
- Alarms Management: The Future is Now
- The Guru’s Guide: Implementing Environmental ERP Systems
- Support Lean Manufacturing Principles with IBM Maximo Asset Management
- Choosing the Right LED Product for Industrial Lighting Applications
- Harness the Value of Big Data to Build Smarter Infrastructures
- Energy Procurement in 2014: Products & Programs to Optimize Savings
- BUYING STRATEGIES IN A VOLATILE MARKET: What Businesses Need to Know about Retail Electricity Procurement
- Smart Building Technology: The Key to Comprehensive Building Performance
- What Energy Managers Need to know about Procuring Natural Gas: Guidance for 2014 Natural Gas Contracts
- Energy Optimization from the Boiler Room to the Board Room