Partnerships: E.ON, IBM; Silver Spring Networks, Sunrise Technologies
Silver Spring Networks partnered with Sunrise Technologies, a manufacturer of street lighting photocontrols for utilities. Silver Spring’s networking platform will be integrated into Sunrise Technologies’ utility-grade BrownBetty OpenGrid Light Control module. Silver Spring Networks’ secure IP platform, at scale across 17 million connected endpoints, enables utility customers to deploy large street light networks across their service territories, and the company wants to extend its network to commercial lighting customers. Sunrise Technologies’ BrownBetty OpenGrid Light Control provides network-based control in an external module, with features including on-off, dimming (energy reduction) functionality, luminaire energy measurement, remote lamp failure detection, and revenue grade light metering for LED and HID luminaires.
IBM has been selected by Munich-based E.ON Metering to operate its smart metering IT infrastructure in a private cloud. E.ON Metering will use IBM’s Intelligent Energy Service Enablement Platform to improve the deployment and management of smart meters and simplify the integration of renewables. Under this agreement, E.ON will migrate and host the infrastructure in a private cloud using IBM SmartCloud at one of IBM’s data centers in Germany. At the same time, the new platform will be upgraded with new analytics and management tools based on IBM software so that customers will have the ability to view their usage profiles for information about time-of-use-rates and changes in use patterns that can be compared with historical data. Besides the first target markets of Germany, Austria and Switzerland, both companies aim to further market the new platform jointly in other international markets.
- Existing Building Technologies Combine for Increased Savings
- How to Use Lean Tools to Cash In On Environmental and Energy Savings
- Top 3 Reasons to Calculate Your Environmental Footprint
- Sustainability Reporting for Commercial Real Estate: GRESB
- Six Essential Steps to Drive Effective Energy Management
- Integrated Building Optimization
- Integrating sustainability into your ERM framework
- Alarms Management: The Future is Now
- How "Fixed" is the Fixed Price Product?
- Trends in Energy Management: Where Should Your Next Investment Be?
- Cut Costs and Improve Facility Operations with Energy Data
- Energy Procurement Strategies for Winter 2014 and 2015
- Energy Efficiency Requires Engineering Efficiency
- Integrated Building Optimization: A Crucial Convergence of Demand-side and Supply-Side Energy Management Strategies
- Driving Productivity and Profit with Industrial Energy Management