Partnerships: Telkonet, Pacific Energy Service, Ford, KB Home
Pacific Energy Service, which specializes in energy conservation and hotel renovation projects, has sold and installed Telkonet’s EcoSmart energy management technology in more than 10,000 hotel rooms. In the past six months, Pacific Energy Service has installed fully-networked EcoSmart energy management systems in approximately 2,000 rooms throughout California, New York and Maryland locations. These include projects for Chartres Lodging Group, Starwood Hotels, Sunstone Hotels and five luxury properties located in San Diego, with another 740 rooms scheduled for installation over the next few months. Funding for the installation of EcoSmart at these San Diego properties is provided by the “Premium Cooling Efficiency Program,” part of a California initiative to improve energy efficiency, reduce peak electricity demand, and curb greenhouse gas emissions.
Ford Motor Company will feature products from its MyEnergi Lifestyle line in KB Homes‘ ZeroHouse 2.0 model home in San Marcos, Calif. MyEnergi Lifestyle leverages technology so devices in a home use less energy, while also shifting energy loads off peak. At night, for example, when energy costs are lower, a smart refrigerator can perform high-energy tasks like ice making or defrosting. Ford is also plugging in its electric C-MAX Energi car into the ZeroHouse 2.0’s built-in electric vehicle charge station, which is engineered to charge the vehicle during off-peak hours. ZeroHouse 2.0 continues a national rollout of the net-zero energy home options KB Homes began in fall 2011. The ZeroHouse 2.0 in San Marcos includes both a Schneider Electric Wiser home management system and Whirlpool smart appliances that allow homeowners to monitor and program their appliances through wireless networks. The ZeroHouse 2.0 includes additional insulation; upgraded HVAC systems; dual-pane, low-emitting windows; and roof-mounted solar panels by SunPower.
- Choosing the Correct Emission Control Technology
- Energy Manager Today Awards Top Products and Top Projects of the Year
- The Missing Puzzle Piece: Automated Utility Data Aggregation
- There’s Money in the Trash
- Solar Request for Proposal (RFP) Guide
- 2016 Environmental Leader Product & Project Awards
- Just the Facts: 8 Popular Misconceptions about LEDs & Controls
- Planning for a Sustainable Future
- Shifting the Focus from End-of-Life Recycling to Continuous Product Lifecycles
- 10 Tactics of Successful Energy Managers