Partnerships: Telkonet, Pacific Energy Service, Ford, KB Home
Pacific Energy Service, which specializes in energy conservation and hotel renovation projects, has sold and installed Telkonet’s EcoSmart energy management technology in more than 10,000 hotel rooms. In the past six months, Pacific Energy Service has installed fully-networked EcoSmart energy management systems in approximately 2,000 rooms throughout California, New York and Maryland locations. These include projects for Chartres Lodging Group, Starwood Hotels, Sunstone Hotels and five luxury properties located in San Diego, with another 740 rooms scheduled for installation over the next few months. Funding for the installation of EcoSmart at these San Diego properties is provided by the “Premium Cooling Efficiency Program,” part of a California initiative to improve energy efficiency, reduce peak electricity demand, and curb greenhouse gas emissions.
Ford Motor Company will feature products from its MyEnergi Lifestyle line in KB Homes‘ ZeroHouse 2.0 model home in San Marcos, Calif. MyEnergi Lifestyle leverages technology so devices in a home use less energy, while also shifting energy loads off peak. At night, for example, when energy costs are lower, a smart refrigerator can perform high-energy tasks like ice making or defrosting. Ford is also plugging in its electric C-MAX Energi car into the ZeroHouse 2.0’s built-in electric vehicle charge station, which is engineered to charge the vehicle during off-peak hours. ZeroHouse 2.0 continues a national rollout of the net-zero energy home options KB Homes began in fall 2011. The ZeroHouse 2.0 in San Marcos includes both a Schneider Electric Wiser home management system and Whirlpool smart appliances that allow homeowners to monitor and program their appliances through wireless networks. The ZeroHouse 2.0 includes additional insulation; upgraded HVAC systems; dual-pane, low-emitting windows; and roof-mounted solar panels by SunPower.
Why bring buildings online? What information can operations teams glean from real-time data that they can’t just get from the monthly data provided by utility companies? Click to learn more.
- Existing Building Technologies Combine for Increased Savings
- The Future of Operational Risk Management: The Oil & Gas and Chemicals Approach
- Combined Heat and Power
- 2014 Environmental Leader Product and Project Awards
- Improve Your Company's Environment and Energy Performance
- Unlocking the Value of Energy & Operational Data
- Energy Financing Report
- Let's Do The Math for DR
- Smart Companies Utilize Integrated Energy Solutions
- How "Fixed" is the Fixed Price Product?
- Cut Costs and Improve Facility Operations with Energy Data
- Energy Procurement Strategies for Winter 2014 and 2015
- Energy Efficiency Requires Engineering Efficiency
- Integrated Building Optimization: A Crucial Convergence of Demand-side and Supply-Side Energy Management Strategies
- Driving Productivity and Profit with Industrial Energy Management