Partnerships: Telkonet, Pacific Energy Service, Ford, KB Home
Pacific Energy Service, which specializes in energy conservation and hotel renovation projects, has sold and installed Telkonet’s EcoSmart energy management technology in more than 10,000 hotel rooms. In the past six months, Pacific Energy Service has installed fully-networked EcoSmart energy management systems in approximately 2,000 rooms throughout California, New York and Maryland locations. These include projects for Chartres Lodging Group, Starwood Hotels, Sunstone Hotels and five luxury properties located in San Diego, with another 740 rooms scheduled for installation over the next few months. Funding for the installation of EcoSmart at these San Diego properties is provided by the “Premium Cooling Efficiency Program,” part of a California initiative to improve energy efficiency, reduce peak electricity demand, and curb greenhouse gas emissions.
Ford Motor Company will feature products from its MyEnergi Lifestyle line in KB Homes‘ ZeroHouse 2.0 model home in San Marcos, Calif. MyEnergi Lifestyle leverages technology so devices in a home use less energy, while also shifting energy loads off peak. At night, for example, when energy costs are lower, a smart refrigerator can perform high-energy tasks like ice making or defrosting. Ford is also plugging in its electric C-MAX Energi car into the ZeroHouse 2.0’s built-in electric vehicle charge station, which is engineered to charge the vehicle during off-peak hours. ZeroHouse 2.0 continues a national rollout of the net-zero energy home options KB Homes began in fall 2011. The ZeroHouse 2.0 in San Marcos includes both a Schneider Electric Wiser home management system and Whirlpool smart appliances that allow homeowners to monitor and program their appliances through wireless networks. The ZeroHouse 2.0 includes additional insulation; upgraded HVAC systems; dual-pane, low-emitting windows; and roof-mounted solar panels by SunPower.
Why bring buildings online? What information can operations teams glean from real-time data that they can’t just get from the monthly data provided by utility companies? Click to learn more.
- Essential Guide to Lighting Retrofits and Upgrades
- Trends in Energy Management: Where Should Your Next Investment Be?
- How to Use Lean Tools to Cash In On Environmental and Energy Savings
- Integrated Building Optimization
- Six Essential Steps to Drive Effective Energy Management
- Smart Companies Utilize Integrated Energy Solutions
- Existing Building Technologies Combine for Increased Savings
- Integrating sustainability into your ERM framework
- Meeting the GHG Challenge: Reporting Solutions
- Mobility From The Plant Floor To The Store Door: Improve Safety, Accuracy, and Productivity
- Cut Costs and Improve Facility Operations with Energy Data
- Energy Procurement Strategies for Winter 2014 and 2015
- Energy Efficiency Requires Engineering Efficiency
- Integrated Building Optimization: A Crucial Convergence of Demand-side and Supply-Side Energy Management Strategies
- Driving Productivity and Profit with Industrial Energy Management