Pavilion Dotted with Solar ‘Skylights’
NRG Energy will install a solar pavilion on the east side of the AmericanAirlines Arena in Miami. The new pavilion will be dotted throughout with circles spanning 16 to 24 feet in diameter and will appear to be sky-lights, but are actually translucent solar panels using Building Integrated Photovoltaic (BIPV) solar technology. The new solar panel-integrated pavilion is scheduled to be completed by the end of November 2015.
The solar pavilion is part of a larger partnership between NRG and the Miami HEAT wherein NRG is becoming a business sponsor of the Miami HEAT. For NRG, the partnership brings access to millions of fans to showcase its clean energy products. The partnership will provide the HEAT with a long-term advisor on sustainable energy for its venue.
With this relationship, NRG also becomes:
- The Official Alternative Energy Sponsor/Partner of the Miami HEAT and the 19,600-seat AmericanAirlines Arena;
- The Official Wind Energy Sponsor/Partner of the Miami HEAT and the AmericanAirlines Arena; and
- The Official Electric Vehicle Charging Station Sponsor/Partner of the Miami HEAT and the AmericanAirlines Arena.
- 2015 Insider Knowledge
- eBook: Five Key Considerations for Integrating Renewables into Your Procurement Strategy
- Improve Occupant Comfort & Reduce Energy Costs Through Humidity Control
- 2016 Energy and Sustainability Predictions Findings from Facilities Professionals
- The New Energy Future - Challenges and Opportunities in Corporate Energy Management
- The Corporate Sustainability Professional's Guide to Better Data Management
- 10 Tactics of Successful Energy Managers
- Four Key Questions to Ask Before Your Next Energy Purchase
- Shifting the Focus from End-of-Life Recycling to Continuous Product Lifecycles
- Strategies for a Successful EHS&S Software Selection