Pennsylvania Builds Natural Gas Power Plant
Pennsylvania Governor Tom Corbett broke ground on the Panda Liberty project, an 829 MW natural-gas fueled power plant in Asylum Township, Penn.
The power plant is deliberately sited in the heart of the Marcellus Shale formation to take advantage of low natural gas prices and transportation costs. The Liberty facility will utilize state-of-the-art emissions-control technology, according to the governor’s office, which says the plant is expected to be fully operational in 2016.
Panda Power Funds got the power plant financed and owns the plant.
- LG Electronics: Enhancing customer Experience through Sustainability
- 2015 Environmental Leader Product & Project Awards
- Unlocking the Value of Energy & Operational Data
- NAEM Research Report: Planning for a Sustainable Future
- Verdantix Green Quadrant for EHS Software
- 2013-2014 Winter Polar Vortex
- Improve Your Company's Environment and Energy Performance
- Smart Companies Utilize Integrated Energy Solutions
- NAEM 2015 EHS and Sustainability Software Buyers Guide
- Combined Heat and Power