Pennsylvania Builds Natural Gas Power Plant
Pennsylvania Governor Tom Corbett broke ground on the Panda Liberty project, an 829 MW natural-gas fueled power plant in Asylum Township, Penn.
The power plant is deliberately sited in the heart of the Marcellus Shale formation to take advantage of low natural gas prices and transportation costs. The Liberty facility will utilize state-of-the-art emissions-control technology, according to the governor’s office, which says the plant is expected to be fully operational in 2016.
Panda Power Funds got the power plant financed and owns the plant.
- Migration to Mobile: The Evolution of EHS Management Tools
- 2015 Environmental Leader Product & Project Awards
- Improve Your Company's Environment and Energy Performance
- Gartner Magic Quadrant
- Get Smarter About Your Energy Procurement Data Book
- Case Study: Dassault Falcon Jet Taps Intelligent LED Lighting Solutions
- NAEM Research Report: Planning for a Sustainable Future
- Solar Request for Proposal (RFP) Guide
- Increase the Value of Demand Response Through Automation
- Best Practices in Electricity Procurement