Pennsylvania Builds Natural Gas Power Plant
Pennsylvania Governor Tom Corbett broke ground on the Panda Liberty project, an 829 MW natural-gas fueled power plant in Asylum Township, Penn.
The power plant is deliberately sited in the heart of the Marcellus Shale formation to take advantage of low natural gas prices and transportation costs. The Liberty facility will utilize state-of-the-art emissions-control technology, according to the governor’s office, which says the plant is expected to be fully operational in 2016.
Panda Power Funds got the power plant financed and owns the plant.
- Six Essential Steps to Drive Effective Energy Management
- How to Use Lean Tools to Cash In On Environmental and Energy Savings
- Top 3 Reasons to Calculate Your Environmental Footprint
- Trends in Energy Management: Where Should Your Next Investment Be?
- Sustainability Reporting for Commercial Real Estate: GRESB
- Integrating sustainability into your ERM framework
- Smart Companies Utilize Integrated Energy Solutions
- Integrated Building Optimization
- Alarms Management: The Future is Now
- Getting It Right: Evaluating, Deploying EMIS Software
- Energy Efficiency Requires Engineering Efficiency
- Integrated Building Optimization: A Crucial Convergence of Demand-side and Supply-Side Energy Management Strategies
- Driving Productivity and Profit with Industrial Energy Management
- Energy Procurement in 2014: Products & Programs to Optimize Savings
- BUYING STRATEGIES IN A VOLATILE MARKET: What Businesses Need to Know about Retail Electricity Procurement