Pennsylvania Builds Natural Gas Power Plant
Pennsylvania Governor Tom Corbett broke ground on the Panda Liberty project, an 829 MW natural-gas fueled power plant in Asylum Township, Penn.
The power plant is deliberately sited in the heart of the Marcellus Shale formation to take advantage of low natural gas prices and transportation costs. The Liberty facility will utilize state-of-the-art emissions-control technology, according to the governor’s office, which says the plant is expected to be fully operational in 2016.
Panda Power Funds got the power plant financed and owns the plant.
- 2015 Insider Knowledge
- 2016 Environmental Leader Product & Project Awards
- Advanced Rooftop-Unit Control (ARC) Retrofits: Field Demonstrations Validate Energy Savings
- Four Key Questions to Ask Before Your Next Energy Purchase
- Improve Occupant Comfort & Reduce Energy Costs Through Humidity Control
- The Corporate Sustainability Professional's Guide to Better Data Management
- eBook: Five Key Considerations for Integrating Renewables into Your Procurement Strategy
- Let's Do The Math for DR
- Energy Manager Today Awards Top Products and Top Projects of the Year
- There’s Money in the Trash