Pennsylvania Builds Natural Gas Power Plant
Pennsylvania Governor Tom Corbett broke ground on the Panda Liberty project, an 829 MW natural-gas fueled power plant in Asylum Township, Penn.
The power plant is deliberately sited in the heart of the Marcellus Shale formation to take advantage of low natural gas prices and transportation costs. The Liberty facility will utilize state-of-the-art emissions-control technology, according to the governor’s office, which says the plant is expected to be fully operational in 2016.
Panda Power Funds got the power plant financed and owns the plant.
- Smart Companies Utilize Integrated Energy Solutions
- 2015 Environmental Leader Product & Project Awards
- The Future of Operational Risk Management: The Oil & Gas and Chemicals Approach
- Improve Your Company's Environment and Energy Performance
- NAEM Research Report: Planning for a Sustainable Future
- Unlocking the Value of Energy & Operational Data
- Verdantix Green Quadrant for EHS Software
- Let's Do The Math for DR
- 2013-2014 Winter Polar Vortex
- Best Practices in Electricity Procurement