Pennsylvania Builds Natural Gas Power Plant
Pennsylvania Governor Tom Corbett broke ground on the Panda Liberty project, an 829 MW natural-gas fueled power plant in Asylum Township, Penn.
The power plant is deliberately sited in the heart of the Marcellus Shale formation to take advantage of low natural gas prices and transportation costs. The Liberty facility will utilize state-of-the-art emissions-control technology, according to the governor’s office, which says the plant is expected to be fully operational in 2016.
Panda Power Funds got the power plant financed and owns the plant.
- Strategies for a Successful EHS&S Software Selection
- There’s Money in the Trash
- The New Energy Future - Challenges and Opportunities in Corporate Energy Management
- 2015 Insider Knowledge
- The Corporate Sustainability Professional's Guide to Better Data Management
- Choosing the Correct Emission Control Technology
- Financing Environmental Resiliency and a Low-Carbon Future with Green Bonds
- Shifting the Focus from End-of-Life Recycling to Continuous Product Lifecycles
- Building Energy Benchmarking & Transparency Laws
- It's Time for Today's EHS and Sustainability Professionals to Embrace Big Data