Pennsylvania Builds Natural Gas Power Plant
Pennsylvania Governor Tom Corbett broke ground on the Panda Liberty project, an 829 MW natural-gas fueled power plant in Asylum Township, Penn.
The power plant is deliberately sited in the heart of the Marcellus Shale formation to take advantage of low natural gas prices and transportation costs. The Liberty facility will utilize state-of-the-art emissions-control technology, according to the governor’s office, which says the plant is expected to be fully operational in 2016.
Panda Power Funds got the power plant financed and owns the plant.
- NAEM Research Report: Planning for a Sustainable Future
- The Sustainable Edge™
- Verdantix Green Quadrant for EHS Software
- Smart Companies Utilize Integrated Energy Solutions
- Improve Your Company's Environment and Energy Performance
- Unlocking the Value of Energy & Operational Data
- 2015 Environmental Leader Product & Project Awards
- Dawn of the Building Performance Era
- ASSA ABLOY: Investing in Sustainability Opens the Door for Business Opportunity
- Under the Lens: Claiming Green