Pepco Energy Efficiency Project with Health System Saves $334K Per Year
Pepco Energy Services will enter an energy savings performance contract with Sarah Bush Lincoln Health System in Mattoon, Ill.
The SBLHS project covers more than $3 million in new energy conservation measures and infrastructure for twelve buildings which include a hospital, medical centers, office buildings and clinics, Pepco Energy said.
The new energy infrastructure is expected reduce energy consumption by more than 22 percent, delivering a savings to SBLHS of more than $334,000 annually.
The project will include exterior LED lighting retrofits, building automation system upgrades, water conservation measures, steam system improvements, ventilation system retrofits and building envelope sealing.
In addition to saving energy, the upgrades will increase the area lighting surrounding the buildings, while improving the patient and work environment internally through improved air distribution, control and reduced infiltration.
Pepco said the project, which is expected to be complete in December 2013, also will reduce carbon dioxide by 4.4 million lbs. per year.
According to its website, Pepco Energy has saved its clients more than $225 million in energy costs, cumulatively. The company said it will guarantee the medical complex’s annual savings.
- How "Fixed" is the Fixed Price Product?
- NAEM Trends Report: Planning for a Sustainable Future
- 2014 Environmental Leader Product and Project Awards
- What You Need to Know About Demand Charges
- Cox Enterprises Cuts Energy Costs Up to 10-15% in Certain Markets
- ARC Brief: Infrastructure: The Hidden Optimization Opportunity
- The Guru’s Guide: Implementing Environmental ERP Systems
- The Value of Integrating Health, Safety and Environment Processes with Enterprise Asset Management
- The Business Case for Corporate Sustainability Tools
- Alarms Management: The Future is Now
- Energy Procurement in 2014: Products & Programs to Optimize Savings
- BUYING STRATEGIES IN A VOLATILE MARKET: What Businesses Need to Know about Retail Electricity Procurement
- Smart Building Technology: The Key to Comprehensive Building Performance
- What Energy Managers Need to know about Procuring Natural Gas: Guidance for 2014 Natural Gas Contracts
- Energy Optimization from the Boiler Room to the Board Room