Pepco Energy Efficiency Project with Health System Saves $334K Per Year
Pepco Energy Services will enter an energy savings performance contract with Sarah Bush Lincoln Health System in Mattoon, Ill.
The SBLHS project covers more than $3 million in new energy conservation measures and infrastructure for twelve buildings which include a hospital, medical centers, office buildings and clinics, Pepco Energy said.
The new energy infrastructure is expected reduce energy consumption by more than 22 percent, delivering a savings to SBLHS of more than $334,000 annually.
The project will include exterior LED lighting retrofits, building automation system upgrades, water conservation measures, steam system improvements, ventilation system retrofits and building envelope sealing.
In addition to saving energy, the upgrades will increase the area lighting surrounding the buildings, while improving the patient and work environment internally through improved air distribution, control and reduced infiltration.
Pepco said the project, which is expected to be complete in December 2013, also will reduce carbon dioxide by 4.4 million lbs. per year.
According to its website, Pepco Energy has saved its clients more than $225 million in energy costs, cumulatively. The company said it will guarantee the medical complex’s annual savings.
- 2014 Insider Knowledge Report
- 2014 Environmental Leader Product and Project Awards
- 6 Steps from Getting the Most From Every Lighting Retrofit
- Act Local, Think Global: To Drive Agrifood Supply Chain Sustainability
- The Business Case for Corporate Sustainability Tools
- Energy Efficiency Ratings: Benchmarks that Drive Excellence in Building Design & Operations
- What You Need to Know About Demand Charges
- Essential Guide to Lighting Retrofits and Upgrades
- Expert Q and A: Tips for Automating your Energy Data
- Alarms Management: The Future is Now
- Energy Efficiency Requires Engineering Efficiency
- Integrated Building Optimization: A Crucial Convergence of Demand-side and Supply-Side Energy Management Strategies
- Driving Productivity and Profit with Industrial Energy Management
- Energy Procurement in 2014: Products & Programs to Optimize Savings
- BUYING STRATEGIES IN A VOLATILE MARKET: What Businesses Need to Know about Retail Electricity Procurement