PepsiCo, Sears, Samsung Among Energy Star Winners
Winners demonstrated innovative strategies to help their customers, partners and stakeholders save energy and cut greenhouse gas emissions, the EPA says.
The winners were selected from 16,000 Energy Star partners, including manufacturers, retailers, public schools, hospitals, real estate companies, and home builders, for their dedication to protecting the environment through greater energy efficiency.
Organizations are recognized in the following categories:
Partner of the Year – Sustained Excellence: Pepsico, Sears and Samsung were all named among the 72 Sustained Excellence winners who continue to exhibit “exceptional leadership year after year” in the Energy Star program while remaining dedicated to environmental protection through superior energy efficiency, the EPA says.
Partner of the Year: Forty-five organizations are receiving the Partner of the Year award for strategically and comprehensively managing their energy use. These organizations promote Energy Star products and practices in their own operations, in addition to providing efficient products and services to consumers and within their community, the EPA says.
Partner of the Year – Climate Communications: The 10 Climate Communications winners have raised their customers’ awareness of the impacts of climate change. These partners have created communications that encourage their customers to combat climate change with the help of Energy Star and emphasize how energy-efficient behaviors have a positive effect on the environment, the EPA says.
Excellence: Nine winners are receiving awards in part for their superior efforts in the Home Performance with Energy Star program. The remaining organizations are receiving Excellence Awards for specific activities to promote energy-efficient products, homes, or buildings, the EPA says.
For Energy Manager Today’s coverage of the 2013 winners click here.
For Environmental Leader’s coverage of the 2012 awards click here.
- 2015 Environmental Leader Product & Project Awards
- Enterprise Internet Of Things: What Is It, and How Will It Improve Energy Management?
- Improve Your Company's Environment and Energy Performance
- 2015 Insider Knowledge
- Addressing Regulatory Trends with UVC LED-based Sensors
- Energy Manager Today Awards Top Products and Top Projects of the Year
- 10 Tactics of Successful Energy Managers
- Practical Insights into the Implementation of GHS Around the Globe
- Beyond Compliance: Applying a Risk Lens to Your EHS Practice
- Just the Facts: 8 Popular Misconceptions about LEDs & Controls