Perishable Distributors Saves 87% on Energy with LEDs
Food distribution company Perishable Distributors of Iowa installed a new SmartLighting system from SmartWatt Energy at its Ankeny, Iowa, distribution warehouse. The system is estimated to save more than $74,000 per year in energy and coincident cooling costs.
After performing a construction-grade energy audit and completing a value-engineered design of the Ankeny facility, SmartWatt’s Chicago-based team replaced 722 T-8 fluorescent lighting fixtures with 351 energy-efficient LEDs, while adding motion-based lighting controls. SmartWatt was also able to install fewer lighting fixtures, further reducing Perishable Distributors’ energy consumption.
This project was eligible for a substantial energy efficiency rebate from the food distributor’s utility, MidAmerican, bringing the project payback period down to just nine months.
- Top 10 Steps for a Successful EMIS Project
- Strategies for a Successful EHS&S Software Selection
- Operationalizing EHS Management: Bridge the Gap from Strategy to Execution
- Improve Occupant Comfort & Reduce Energy Costs Through Humidity Control
- 2015 Insider Knowledge
- eBook: Five Key Considerations for Integrating Renewables into Your Procurement Strategy
- Four Key Questions to Ask Before Your Next Energy Purchase
- The Corporate Sustainability Professional's Guide to Better Data Management
- 10 Tactics of Successful Energy Managers
- 2016 Environmental Leader Product & Project Awards