Pet Retailer Installs Acuity LEDs
Virginia pet retailer Care-A-Lot Pet Supply installed more than 200 indoor and outdoor LED luminaires and poles and digital controls from Acuity Brands in its new 20,000-sq-foot facility in Virginia Beach, Va.
A combination of Lithonia Lighting, Winona Lighting, Gotham and Sensor Switch LED lighting and controls work together to light the store with reduced energy usage. It is estimated the store will save $5,000 annually in energy costs compared to typical HID and fluorescent lamp sources.
Challenges included lighting a space and merchandise effectively with 30-foot-high-ceilings, as well as achieving optimum lighting and minimal glare for the aquarium displays. On the exterior, Care-A-Lot needed a solution to provide lighting in its large parking lot, while minimizing light pollution to the neighboring residential community.
RT5 volumetric recessed lighting fixtures from Lithonia Lighting integrated with ceiling and wall controls from Sensor Switch were installed in the veterinary exam rooms, kennel rooms, washrooms, offices, break rooms, hallways and restrooms. For aesthetics and energy savings, Care-A-Lot installed Gotham EVO LED downlights as well as recessed DoM series LED luminaires from Lithonia Lighting to minimize glare on aquarium tanks.
On the exterior, Lithonia Lighting ALX LED luminaires help keep light within property lines to eliminate light spill and light pollution in the neighboring residential area. Winona Lighting Winscape Hensley LED ingrades and Winscape Benton LED wall-mounted cylindars illuminate the columns and entryway to the store.
- Top 3 Reasons to Calculate Your Environmental Footprint
- 2014 Environmental Leader Product and Project Awards
- Essential Guide to Lighting Retrofits and Upgrades
- How to Use Lean Tools to Cash In On Environmental and Energy Savings
- EHS Managers: The Evolution from Necessary Evil to Vital Leaders
- BuildingIQ Security
- Alarms Management: The Future is Now
- Sustainability Reporting for Commercial Real Estate: GRESB
- NAEM Trends Report: Planning for a Sustainable Future
- Six Essential Steps to Drive Effective Energy Management
- Energy Efficiency Requires Engineering Efficiency
- Integrated Building Optimization: A Crucial Convergence of Demand-side and Supply-Side Energy Management Strategies
- Driving Productivity and Profit with Industrial Energy Management
- Energy Procurement in 2014: Products & Programs to Optimize Savings
- BUYING STRATEGIES IN A VOLATILE MARKET: What Businesses Need to Know about Retail Electricity Procurement