P&G Achieves 10% Energy Cost Savings
Procter & Gamble is participating in a new smart building technology program with first-year average energy cost savings of 10 percent, using Jones Lang LaSalle’s (JLL) IntelliCommand smart building management technology in a test group of laboratories, offices and manufacturing facilities. P&G’s initial investment in the technology was returned within the first three months of energy cost savings.
In 2011, JLL proposed that P&G become the first company to test IntelliCommand. P&G’s immediate goal was to apply IntelliCommand’s proprietary data analytics capabilities to inform its real estate decisions and produce energy cost savings within one year. The premise was that IntelliCommand’s combination of cloud-based smart-building management technology with JLL’s team of facilities management professionals would provide P&G with 24/7, real-time facilities management.
With these goals in mind, P&G deployed IntelliCommand across 12 buildings totaling 3.2 million square feet of real estate. The pilot sites included P&G’s global headquarters campus in Cincinnati; its global healthcare headquarters facilities, including numerous laboratories; a key technical center; and a major mixed-used complex including offices and manufacturing operations.
Within 11 months, P&G had achieved overall pilot portfolio savings of 10 percent, or 4.4 million kWh. Results were particularly strong at P&G’s technical center pilot site, where energy costs were reduced by 16 percent.
P&G was able to achieve energy savings and performance improvements, even though some of the pilot facilities were older and did not feature fully-automated systems, proving that smart buildings do not need to be new buildings.
IntelliCommand is a smart building management platform that offers 24×7 real-time remote facility monitoring and control across multiple locations, combined with the JLL integrated facilities management operations. Powered by Pacific Controls technology, the system includes continuous building commissioning, automatic work order generation, smart grid integration and compatibility with all major brands of automated building system censors.
- Smart Companies Utilize Integrated Energy Solutions
- How to Use Lean Tools to Cash In On Environmental and Energy Savings
- Essential Guide to Lighting Retrofits and Upgrades
- Top 3 Reasons to Calculate Your Environmental Footprint
- Integrated Building Optimization
- Trends in Energy Management: Where Should Your Next Investment Be?
- Alarms Management: The Future is Now
- 2014 Insider Knowledge Report
- Mobility From The Plant Floor To The Store Door: Improve Safety, Accuracy, and Productivity
- Integrating sustainability into your ERM framework
- Cut Costs and Improve Facility Operations with Energy Data
- Energy Procurement Strategies for Winter 2014 and 2015
- Energy Efficiency Requires Engineering Efficiency
- Integrated Building Optimization: A Crucial Convergence of Demand-side and Supply-Side Energy Management Strategies
- Driving Productivity and Profit with Industrial Energy Management