Pharmaceutical Firm Installs 9.95 MW Solar
KDC Solar commenced commercial operations of its 9.95- MW solar panel system in New Jersey. The system will provide electricity to Eli Lilly and Company’s ImClone biopharmaceutical operations in Branchburg, NJ.
The new system will generate nearly 12.9 million kWh per year. It will provide the primary Lilly manufacturing facility at this location with about 45 percent of its annual electricity needs. KDC Solar developed, owns and will operate the solar panel system.
KDC Solar signed an engineering and construction contract for the installation of the solar project with The Whiting-Turner Contracting Company and SPI Solar. Whiting-Turner was the general contractor, and SPI Solar provided solar panel procurement and oversight.
The solar panel system uses 40,180 PV panels, 16 Advanced Energy Industries 500 kilowatt inverters and is ground-mounted across 43 acres of land owned by a subsidiary of KDC Solar.
Why bring buildings online? What information can operations teams glean from real-time data that they can’t just get from the monthly data provided by utility companies? Click to learn more.
- How to Use Lean Tools to Cash In On Environmental and Energy Savings
- Essential Guide to Lighting Retrofits and Upgrades
- Six Essential Steps to Drive Effective Energy Management
- Existing Building Technologies Combine for Increased Savings
- BuildingIQ's Meter Processing Flow
- Integrating sustainability into your ERM framework
- Alarms Management: The Future is Now
- Mobility From The Plant Floor To The Store Door: Improve Safety, Accuracy, and Productivity
- Sustainability Reporting for Commercial Real Estate: GRESB
- 2014 Environmental Leader Product and Project Awards
- Cut Costs and Improve Facility Operations with Energy Data
- Energy Procurement Strategies for Winter 2014 and 2015
- Energy Efficiency Requires Engineering Efficiency
- Integrated Building Optimization: A Crucial Convergence of Demand-side and Supply-Side Energy Management Strategies
- Driving Productivity and Profit with Industrial Energy Management