Phillips Academy Procures Electricity Through World Energy Solutions
World Energy Solutions has helped Phillips Academy, a college preparatory secondary school, to procure over 26 million kWh of electricity to power its campus.
Through a series of competitive online auctions run on July 25, 2014 over the cloud-based World Energy Exchange, Phillips Academy tested 12 different terms and products for 80 accounts, including 70 residential buildings. Working with World Energy, Phillips Academy received more than 90 bids from seven electricity suppliers over the course of two hours, ultimately securing a competitive fixed rate. Delivery under the new 24-month contract begins in December 2014.
Since entering its prior electricity contract, Phillips Academy had seen energy prices rise significantly, making it important for the institution to procure a competitive contract, school officials said.
- 2015 Insider Knowledge
- 2016 Environmental Leader Product & Project Awards
- eBook: Five Key Considerations for Integrating Renewables into Your Procurement Strategy
- Advanced Rooftop-Unit Control (ARC) Retrofits: Field Demonstrations Validate Energy Savings
- Four Key Questions to Ask Before Your Next Energy Purchase
- The New Energy Future - Challenges and Opportunities in Corporate Energy Management
- 2016 Energy and Sustainability Predictions Findings from Facilities Professionals
- Building Energy Benchmarking & Transparency Laws
- 10 Tactics of Successful Energy Managers
- The Corporate Sustainability Professional's Guide to Better Data Management