Phoenix Contact Introduces Intelligent MCR Surge Protection Device
Phoenix Contact has introduced PT-IQ: an intelligent MCR surge protection device with multi-stage remote monitoring. It provides proactive functional monitoring for signal interface surge protection devices.
Phoenix says that the system informs the user if a plug replacement is needed long before the components fail due to overload, which can prevent unnecessary service costs and ensure system availability and signal quality.
PT-IQ features impedance-neutral plugging, insulation measurement without disconnection and a snap-lock mechanism for easy plugging and unplugging. In addition, the PT-IQ’s T-bus connection provides power and data transmission and automatic integration of SPDs without wiring.
PT-IQ provides protection for up to five signal wires and is available in floating and directly grounded shield connections. One power terminal block powers 28 SPDs.
Why bring buildings online? What information can operations teams glean from real-time data that they can’t just get from the monthly data provided by utility companies? Click to learn more.
- Existing Building Technologies Combine for Increased Savings
- 2014 Environmental Leader Product and Project Awards
- BuildingIQ's Meter Processing Flow
- How "Fixed" is the Fixed Price Product?
- Improve Your Company's Environment and Energy Performance
- Smart Companies Utilize Integrated Energy Solutions
- 2013-20114 Winter Polar Vortex
- Combined Heat and Power
- Let's Do The Math for DR
- Increase the Value of Demand Response Through Automation
- Cut Costs and Improve Facility Operations with Energy Data
- Energy Procurement Strategies for Winter 2014 and 2015
- Energy Efficiency Requires Engineering Efficiency
- Integrated Building Optimization: A Crucial Convergence of Demand-side and Supply-Side Energy Management Strategies
- Driving Productivity and Profit with Industrial Energy Management