Phoenix Contact Introduces Intelligent MCR Surge Protection Device
Phoenix Contact has introduced PT-IQ: an intelligent MCR surge protection device with multi-stage remote monitoring. It provides proactive functional monitoring for signal interface surge protection devices.
Phoenix says that the system informs the user if a plug replacement is needed long before the components fail due to overload, which can prevent unnecessary service costs and ensure system availability and signal quality.
PT-IQ features impedance-neutral plugging, insulation measurement without disconnection and a snap-lock mechanism for easy plugging and unplugging. In addition, the PT-IQ’s T-bus connection provides power and data transmission and automatic integration of SPDs without wiring.
PT-IQ provides protection for up to five signal wires and is available in floating and directly grounded shield connections. One power terminal block powers 28 SPDs.
- Best Practices in Electricity Procurement
- 10 Tactics of Successful Energy Managers
- The Corporate Sustainability Professional's Guide to Better Data Management
- Advanced Rooftop-Unit Control (ARC) Retrofits: Field Demonstrations Validate Energy Savings
- Planning for a Sustainable Future
- 2015 Insider Knowledge
- Operationalizing EHS Management: Bridge the Gap from Strategy to Execution
- Improve Occupant Comfort & Reduce Energy Costs Through Humidity Control
- Practical Guide to Transforming Energy Data into Better Buildings
- There’s Money in the Trash