Phoenix Contact Introduces Intelligent MCR Surge Protection Device
Phoenix Contact has introduced PT-IQ: an intelligent MCR surge protection device with multi-stage remote monitoring. It provides proactive functional monitoring for signal interface surge protection devices.
Phoenix says that the system informs the user if a plug replacement is needed long before the components fail due to overload, which can prevent unnecessary service costs and ensure system availability and signal quality.
PT-IQ features impedance-neutral plugging, insulation measurement without disconnection and a snap-lock mechanism for easy plugging and unplugging. In addition, the PT-IQ’s T-bus connection provides power and data transmission and automatic integration of SPDs without wiring.
PT-IQ provides protection for up to five signal wires and is available in floating and directly grounded shield connections. One power terminal block powers 28 SPDs.
- 2016 Environmental Leader Product & Project Awards
- 2016 Energy and Sustainability Predictions Findings from Facilities Professionals
- Advanced Rooftop-Unit Control (ARC) Retrofits: Field Demonstrations Validate Energy Savings
- 10 Tactics of Successful Energy Managers
- Improve Occupant Comfort & Reduce Energy Costs Through Humidity Control
- eBook: Five Key Considerations for Integrating Renewables into Your Procurement Strategy
- How the IoT is Reshaping Building Automation
- Choosing the Correct Emission Control Technology
- The New Energy Future - Challenges and Opportunities in Corporate Energy Management
- Building Energy Benchmarking & Transparency Laws