Pistachio Farm Saves $100,000 on Electric Bill in First Year
CalCom Solar began installation of a 570 kW solar system to power a 300 HP irrigation pump for Pleasant Valley Pistachios farm in central California.
CalCom Solar’s proprietary Solar AG Energy software was able to precisely analyze how solar would impact Pleasant Valley’s participation in energy mitigation programs and determined that in the first year alone, the farm will save more than $100,000 on electric utility expenses.
The financing package CalCom Solar helped put together ensures that the project will be cash flow positive starting in the first year and continue to provide positive net returns for the next 25 years with projected life-time savings to exceed $4.7 million.
- Top 3 Reasons to Calculate Your Environmental Footprint
- Trends in Energy Management: Where Should Your Next Investment Be?
- Integrating sustainability into your ERM framework
- 2014 Environmental Leader Product and Project Awards
- Essential Guide to Lighting Retrofits and Upgrades
- How to Use Lean Tools to Cash In On Environmental and Energy Savings
- Smart Companies Utilize Integrated Energy Solutions
- BuildingIQ Security
- NAEM Trends Report: Planning for a Sustainable Future
- Getting It Right: Evaluating, Deploying EMIS Software
- Energy Efficiency Requires Engineering Efficiency
- Integrated Building Optimization: A Crucial Convergence of Demand-side and Supply-Side Energy Management Strategies
- Driving Productivity and Profit with Industrial Energy Management
- Energy Procurement in 2014: Products & Programs to Optimize Savings
- BUYING STRATEGIES IN A VOLATILE MARKET: What Businesses Need to Know about Retail Electricity Procurement