Pistachio Farm Saves $100,000 on Electric Bill in First Year
CalCom Solar began installation of a 570 kW solar system to power a 300 HP irrigation pump for Pleasant Valley Pistachios farm in central California.
CalCom Solar’s proprietary Solar AG Energy software was able to precisely analyze how solar would impact Pleasant Valley’s participation in energy mitigation programs and determined that in the first year alone, the farm will save more than $100,000 on electric utility expenses.
The financing package CalCom Solar helped put together ensures that the project will be cash flow positive starting in the first year and continue to provide positive net returns for the next 25 years with projected life-time savings to exceed $4.7 million.
- 2015 Insider Knowledge
- 2016 Environmental Leader Product & Project Awards
- Building Energy Benchmarking & Transparency Laws
- The Corporate Sustainability Professional's Guide to Better Data Management
- Improve Occupant Comfort & Reduce Energy Costs Through Humidity Control
- 2016 Energy and Sustainability Predictions Findings from Facilities Professionals
- The New Energy Future - Challenges and Opportunities in Corporate Energy Management
- 10 Tactics of Successful Energy Managers
- Increase the Value of Demand Response Through Automation
- Planning for a Sustainable Future