Pistachio Farm Saves $100,000 on Electric Bill in First Year
CalCom Solar began installation of a 570 kW solar system to power a 300 HP irrigation pump for Pleasant Valley Pistachios farm in central California.
CalCom Solar’s proprietary Solar AG Energy software was able to precisely analyze how solar would impact Pleasant Valley’s participation in energy mitigation programs and determined that in the first year alone, the farm will save more than $100,000 on electric utility expenses.
The financing package CalCom Solar helped put together ensures that the project will be cash flow positive starting in the first year and continue to provide positive net returns for the next 25 years with projected life-time savings to exceed $4.7 million.
- Mobility from the Plant Floor to the Store Door: Improve Safety, Accuracy and Productivity
- 2015 Environmental Leader Product & Project Awards
- Smart Companies Utilize Integrated Energy Solutions
- Improve Your Company's Environment and Energy Performance
- 2015 Insider Knowledge
- Practical Insights into the Implementation of GHS Around the Globe
- Beyond Compliance: Applying a Risk Lens to Your EHS Practice
- Case Study: Dassault Falcon Jet Taps Intelligent LED Lighting Solutions
- A Roadmap for Effective Process Safety Management
- Combined Heat and Power