Pistachio Farm Saves $100,000 on Electric Bill in First Year
CalCom Solar began installation of a 570 kW solar system to power a 300 HP irrigation pump for Pleasant Valley Pistachios farm in central California.
CalCom Solar’s proprietary Solar AG Energy software was able to precisely analyze how solar would impact Pleasant Valley’s participation in energy mitigation programs and determined that in the first year alone, the farm will save more than $100,000 on electric utility expenses.
The financing package CalCom Solar helped put together ensures that the project will be cash flow positive starting in the first year and continue to provide positive net returns for the next 25 years with projected life-time savings to exceed $4.7 million.
- The World Resources Institute Scope 2 Guidance: A Verifier’s Perspective
- Energy Manager Today Awards Top Products and Top Projects of the Year
- There’s Money in the Trash
- Addressing Regulatory Trends with UVC LED-based Sensors
- Beyond Compliance: Applying a Risk Lens to Your EHS Practice
- 6 for 2016: Global Energy Market Trends
- Just the Facts: 8 Popular Misconceptions about LEDs & Controls
- Choosing the Correct Emission Control Technology
- 10 Tactics of Successful Energy Managers
- Smart Companies Utilize Integrated Energy Solutions