Pistachio Farm Saves $100,000 on Electric Bill in First Year
CalCom Solar began installation of a 570 kW solar system to power a 300 HP irrigation pump for Pleasant Valley Pistachios farm in central California.
CalCom Solar’s proprietary Solar AG Energy software was able to precisely analyze how solar would impact Pleasant Valley’s participation in energy mitigation programs and determined that in the first year alone, the farm will save more than $100,000 on electric utility expenses.
The financing package CalCom Solar helped put together ensures that the project will be cash flow positive starting in the first year and continue to provide positive net returns for the next 25 years with projected life-time savings to exceed $4.7 million.
- NAEM 2015 EHS and Sustainability Software Buyers Guide
- Solar Request for Proposal (RFP) Guide
- 2015 Environmental Leader Product & Project Awards
- Improve Your Company's Environment and Energy Performance
- Unlocking the Value of Energy & Operational Data
- Gartner Magic Quadrant
- How "Fixed" is the Fixed Price Product?
- Let's Do The Math for DR
- Increase the Value of Demand Response Through Automation
- 2013-2014 Winter Polar Vortex