Pizzeria Installs Solar, Saves $30,000 Per Year
Kyocera Solar’s photovoltaic (PV) modules are installed on the roof at Pizza Port’s new Carlsbad, Calif., restaurant, corporate office, and beer production, canning and distribution facility.
The latest Pizza Port location, part of a family-owned San Diego chain of five restaurants and breweries, expects to reduce energy costs by as much as $30,000 annually.
San Diego-based Sullivan Solar Power began installing the 117 kW rooftop PV system in July 2013 after Pizza Port’s owners installed a 10.7 kW PV system on their home in 2011. The owners cited rising energy costs and an increasingly environmentally aware customer base as motivators to go solar at the new Pizza Port facility.
Sullivan Solar Power will also install a monitoring system for the Pizza Port solar array so restaurant and brewery guests can see how much electricity the solar power system is producing at any given moment, as well as its production for the month, year and lifetime of the system. It will also show the PV system’s environmental benefits, including greenhouse gases averted and carbon offsets.
The Carlsbad Pizza Port location will also have two electric vehicle charging stations, allowing customers to charge their cars while dining at the restaurant.
- 2014 Environmental Leader Product and Project Awards
- Act Local, Think Global: To Drive Agrifood Supply Chain Sustainability
- Trends in Energy Management: Where Should Your Next Investment Be?
- The CFO and the Sustainability Reporting Chain
- Energy Efficiency Ratings: Benchmarks that Drive Excellence in Building Design & Operations
- 6 Steps from Getting the Most From Every Lighting Retrofit
- Essential Guide to Lighting Retrofits and Upgrades
- What You Need to Know About Demand Charges
- NAEM Research Report: Planning for a Sustainable Future
- Alarms Management: The Future is Now
- Energy Efficiency Requires Engineering Efficiency
- Integrated Building Optimization: A Crucial Convergence of Demand-side and Supply-Side Energy Management Strategies
- Driving Productivity and Profit with Industrial Energy Management
- Energy Procurement in 2014: Products & Programs to Optimize Savings
- BUYING STRATEGIES IN A VOLATILE MARKET: What Businesses Need to Know about Retail Electricity Procurement