Pizzeria Installs Solar, Saves $30,000 Per Year
Kyocera Solar’s photovoltaic (PV) modules are installed on the roof at Pizza Port’s new Carlsbad, Calif., restaurant, corporate office, and beer production, canning and distribution facility.
The latest Pizza Port location, part of a family-owned San Diego chain of five restaurants and breweries, expects to reduce energy costs by as much as $30,000 annually.
San Diego-based Sullivan Solar Power began installing the 117 kW rooftop PV system in July 2013 after Pizza Port’s owners installed a 10.7 kW PV system on their home in 2011. The owners cited rising energy costs and an increasingly environmentally aware customer base as motivators to go solar at the new Pizza Port facility.
Sullivan Solar Power will also install a monitoring system for the Pizza Port solar array so restaurant and brewery guests can see how much electricity the solar power system is producing at any given moment, as well as its production for the month, year and lifetime of the system. It will also show the PV system’s environmental benefits, including greenhouse gases averted and carbon offsets.
The Carlsbad Pizza Port location will also have two electric vehicle charging stations, allowing customers to charge their cars while dining at the restaurant.
- What You Need to Know About Demand Charges
- Evaluation Guide: Four Steps to a Successful Lighting Evaluation
- Guide to Energy, Carbon and Environmental Software
- 2014 Energy and Sustainability Predictions: Findings from Leading Professionals
- 2014 Environmental Leader Product and Project Awards
- Cox Enterprises Cuts Energy Costs Up to 10-15% in Certain Markets
- How "Fixed" is the Fixed Price Product?
- Alarms Management: The Future is Now
- The Guru’s Guide: Implementing Environmental ERP Systems
- The Value of Integrating Health, Safety and Environment Processes with Enterprise Asset Management
- Energy Procurement in 2014: Products & Programs to Optimize Savings
- BUYING STRATEGIES IN A VOLATILE MARKET: What Businesses Need to Know about Retail Electricity Procurement
- Smart Building Technology: The Key to Comprehensive Building Performance
- What Energy Managers Need to know about Procuring Natural Gas: Guidance for 2014 Natural Gas Contracts
- Energy Optimization from the Boiler Room to the Board Room