Planetary Power Raises $3.4M
Planetary Power is getting backing as it shifts focus. The business model had focused on providing efficient powering options to construction sites, mining operations and other remote sites, according to GeekWire. For the past year, the company has refocused its technology on providing power to telecommunications towers.
The company, according to the story, just raised $3.4 million in a Series A round from angel investors. The company now has more than $10 million in funding. The story says that Planetary Power’s CEO says that more than 1 million towers worldwide are not connected to a reliable grid. These unconnected towers often run on inefficient and costly generators. The company’s pitch is that its HyGen hybrid generators are a better choice.
Last year, RCR Wireless posted a feature on options for power telecommunications towers.
- Strategies for a Successful EHS&S Software Selection
- Financing Environmental Resiliency and a Low-Carbon Future with Green Bonds
- Top 10 Steps for a Successful EMIS Project
- There’s Money in the Trash
- 2016 Environmental Leader Product & Project Awards
- Advanced Rooftop-Unit Control (ARC) Retrofits: Field Demonstrations Validate Energy Savings
- Operationalizing EHS Management: Bridge the Gap from Strategy to Execution
- Four Key Questions to Ask Before Your Next Energy Purchase
- The Corporate Sustainability Professional's Guide to Better Data Management
- 2016 Energy and Sustainability Predictions Findings from Facilities Professionals