Plug Load Management Aims for Net Zero Energy
DPR Construction (DPR) will use Enmetric System‘s intelligent plug load management system to help monitor, control and manage plug-load devices in DPR’s new San Francisco regional office to achieve official Net-Zero Energy certification.
The new San Francisco location at 945 Front Street aims to achieve official Net-Zero Energy Building (NZEB) certification by the International Living Future Institute (ILFI) through its Living Building Challenge program.
There are currently 12 buildings in the US that have been certified as net zero energy by the ILFI’s Living Building Challenge, and this would represent the first official Net-Zero Energy Office Building certified in San Francisco.
Plug load has gone unchecked in buildings until now, and simple timers are just not enough, Enmetric Systems says. Enmetric provides Internet of Things (IoT) solutions for commercial environments. The company’s core application, plug load management, is built on a cloud-based data analytics platform, and saves companies up to 20 percent in energy costs, it says. Enmetric’s platform provides real-time energy use data, automated control, measurement, and communication for individual electrical plug loads across the enterprise.
DPR and Enmetric intend for the San Francisco office to serve as a “living lab” to test the newest and most intelligent energy efficient products on the market.
- Mobility from the Plant Floor to the Store Door: Improve Safety, Accuracy and Productivity
- 2015 Environmental Leader Product & Project Awards
- Increase the Value of Demand Response Through Automation
- Improve Your Company's Environment and Energy Performance
- Case Study: Dassault Falcon Jet Taps Intelligent LED Lighting Solutions
- 2015 Insider Knowledge
- A Roadmap for Effective Process Safety Management
- Practical Insights into the Implementation of GHS Around the Globe
- Beyond Compliance: Applying a Risk Lens to Your EHS Practice
- How to Thrive in Today's EHS Landscape