Plug Power Deploys Hydrogen Fuel Cell Units for Ace Hardware
At the grand opening of its distribution center in Wilmer, Texas, Ace Hardware celebrated its first all hydrogen material handling fleet. Plug Power deployed GenDrive hydrogen fuel cell units for the facility’s fleet of class-2 and class-3 lift and reach trucks.
Ace has ordered further GenDrive units for another distribution center being built in West Jefferson, Ohio.
The recently completed 450,000-square-foot building is designed to support Ace Hardware’s growth initiatives, operational productivity and sustainable service capabilities. The site features nearly 90 loading docks where delivery trucks are loaded and unloaded with forklifts that are fueled at hydrogen filling stations located on the premises.
Plug Power’s fuel cells have been in operation at the Wilmer, Texas, Retail Support Center for the last three months. Upon completion of the Ohio site, Ace Hardware will have more than 130 hydrogen-powered vehicles within its organization.
- Existing Building Technologies Combine for Increased Savings
- Let's Do The Math for DR
- 2014 Environmental Leader Product and Project Awards
- The Future of Operational Risk Management: The Oil & Gas and Chemicals Approach
- Improve Your Company's Environment and Energy Performance
- Unlocking the Value of Energy & Operational Data
- Smart Companies Utilize Integrated Energy Solutions
- How "Fixed" is the Fixed Price Product?
- 2013-2014 Winter Polar Vortex
- Combined Heat and Power
- Connected Buildings, Connected People: A Look to the Future
- Cut Costs and Improve Facility Operations with Energy Data
- Energy Procurement Strategies for Winter 2014 and 2015
- Energy Efficiency Requires Engineering Efficiency
- Integrated Building Optimization: A Crucial Convergence of Demand-side and Supply-Side Energy Management Strategies