Plug Power Deploys Hydrogen Fuel Cell Units for Ace Hardware
At the grand opening of its distribution center in Wilmer, Texas, Ace Hardware celebrated its first all hydrogen material handling fleet. Plug Power deployed GenDrive hydrogen fuel cell units for the facility’s fleet of class-2 and class-3 lift and reach trucks.
Ace has ordered further GenDrive units for another distribution center being built in West Jefferson, Ohio.
The recently completed 450,000-square-foot building is designed to support Ace Hardware’s growth initiatives, operational productivity and sustainable service capabilities. The site features nearly 90 loading docks where delivery trucks are loaded and unloaded with forklifts that are fueled at hydrogen filling stations located on the premises.
Plug Power’s fuel cells have been in operation at the Wilmer, Texas, Retail Support Center for the last three months. Upon completion of the Ohio site, Ace Hardware will have more than 130 hydrogen-powered vehicles within its organization.
- Alarms Management: The Future is Now
- Getting It Right: Evaluating, Deploying EMIS Software
- The CFO and the Sustainability Reporting Chain
- Energy Efficiency Ratings: Benchmarks that Drive Excellence in Building Design & Operations
- Essential Guide to Lighting Retrofits and Upgrades
- NAEM Research Report: Planning for a Sustainable Future
- Integrated Building Optimization
- 2014 Environmental Leader Product and Project Awards
- 2013-20114 Winter Polar Vortex
- 6 Steps from Getting the Most From Every Lighting Retrofit
- Energy Efficiency Requires Engineering Efficiency
- Integrated Building Optimization: A Crucial Convergence of Demand-side and Supply-Side Energy Management Strategies
- Driving Productivity and Profit with Industrial Energy Management
- Energy Procurement in 2014: Products & Programs to Optimize Savings
- BUYING STRATEGIES IN A VOLATILE MARKET: What Businesses Need to Know about Retail Electricity Procurement