Plug Power Deploys Hydrogen Fuel Cell Units for Ace Hardware
At the grand opening of its distribution center in Wilmer, Texas, Ace Hardware celebrated its first all hydrogen material handling fleet. Plug Power deployed GenDrive hydrogen fuel cell units for the facility’s fleet of class-2 and class-3 lift and reach trucks.
Ace has ordered further GenDrive units for another distribution center being built in West Jefferson, Ohio.
The recently completed 450,000-square-foot building is designed to support Ace Hardware’s growth initiatives, operational productivity and sustainable service capabilities. The site features nearly 90 loading docks where delivery trucks are loaded and unloaded with forklifts that are fueled at hydrogen filling stations located on the premises.
Plug Power’s fuel cells have been in operation at the Wilmer, Texas, Retail Support Center for the last three months. Upon completion of the Ohio site, Ace Hardware will have more than 130 hydrogen-powered vehicles within its organization.
- Planning for a Sustainable Future
- The Missing Puzzle Piece: Automated Utility Data Aggregation
- Choosing the Correct Emission Control Technology
- The New Energy Future - Challenges and Opportunities in Corporate Energy Management
- There’s Money in the Trash
- Strategies for a Successful EHS&S Software Selection
- How the IoT is Reshaping Building Automation
- 2015 Insider Knowledge
- Shifting the Focus from End-of-Life Recycling to Continuous Product Lifecycles
- The Corporate Sustainability Professional's Guide to Better Data Management