Plug Power Deploys Hydrogen Fuel Cell Units for Ace Hardware
At the grand opening of its distribution center in Wilmer, Texas, Ace Hardware celebrated its first all hydrogen material handling fleet. Plug Power deployed GenDrive hydrogen fuel cell units for the facility’s fleet of class-2 and class-3 lift and reach trucks.
Ace has ordered further GenDrive units for another distribution center being built in West Jefferson, Ohio.
The recently completed 450,000-square-foot building is designed to support Ace Hardware’s growth initiatives, operational productivity and sustainable service capabilities. The site features nearly 90 loading docks where delivery trucks are loaded and unloaded with forklifts that are fueled at hydrogen filling stations located on the premises.
Plug Power’s fuel cells have been in operation at the Wilmer, Texas, Retail Support Center for the last three months. Upon completion of the Ohio site, Ace Hardware will have more than 130 hydrogen-powered vehicles within its organization.
- 2015 Insider Knowledge
- 6 for 2016: Global Energy Market Trends
- Choosing the Correct Emission Control Technology
- Get Smarter About Your Energy Procurement Data Book
- 2016 Environmental Leader Product & Project Awards
- Building Energy Benchmarking & Transparency Laws
- Just the Facts: 8 Popular Misconceptions about LEDs & Controls
- Shifting the Focus from End-of-Life Recycling to Continuous Product Lifecycles
- Improve Occupant Comfort & Reduce Energy Costs Through Humidity Control
- Mobility from the Plant Floor to the Store Door: Improve Safety, Accuracy and Productivity