Plug Power Pays $4M for ReliOn
Plug Power has acquired the assets of ReliOn, a developer of hydrogen fuel cell stack technology and fuel cell systems based in Spokane, Wash. Plug Power paid about $4 million in Plug Power common stock for ReliOn’s assets and will add key ReliOn personnel, primarily in sales and engineering.
The acquisition adds fuel cell stack technology and products that Plug Power plans to integrate into several models of its GenDrive fuel cell systems with first deployments this year. ReliOn develops modular, scalable proton exchange membrane (PEM) hydrogen fuel cell systems that feature air-cooled stack designs with snap-and-build stack assembly. The company has deployed more than 5,000 fuel cell stacks at customer sites.
Currently, Plug Power owns more than 150 US patents related to fuel cells. The ReliOn acquisition adds 34 additional US fuel cell patents to the company’s portfolio.
- Verdantix Green Quadrant for EHS Software
- 2015 Environmental Leader Product & Project Awards
- Solar Request for Proposal (RFP) Guide
- Improve Your Company's Environment and Energy Performance
- Case Study: Dassault Falcon Jet Taps Intelligent LED Lighting Solutions
- 2015 Insider Knowledge
- A Roadmap for Effective Process Safety Management
- Practical Insights into the Implementation of GHS Around the Globe
- Beyond Compliance: Applying a Risk Lens to Your EHS Practice
- Mobility from the Plant Floor to the Store Door: Improve Safety, Accuracy and Productivity