Plug Power Provides Outdoor Hydrogen Fueling
Plug Power completed installation of its first GenFuel hydrogen infrastructure for the ground support equipment at the Memphis Airport.
This GenFuel infrastructure deployment includes a standard hydrogen storage tank, compression system, fuel pipelines, and Plug Power’s first outdoor GenFuel hydrogen dispensers that will be used for a 15-truck fleet of airport tuggers powered by Plug Power fuel cells.
The outdoor hydrogen dispenser varies from its indoor counterpart by providing an all-weather enclosure capable of protecting the equipment from harsh elements that can be experienced on an airport tarmac.
The Memphis truck drivers will be able to pull their vehicles up to the dispenser and personally refuel in three to four minutes.
Plug Power recently signed a long-term hydrogen distribution agreement with Praxair. The agreement pairs Plug Power’s GenFuel hydrogen fueling infrastructure with Praxair’s liquid hydrogen supply. Plug Power says the Memphis infrastructure uses hydrogen from Praxair.
- 2015 Insider Knowledge
- 2016 Environmental Leader Product & Project Awards
- Advanced Rooftop-Unit Control (ARC) Retrofits: Field Demonstrations Validate Energy Savings
- Four Key Questions to Ask Before Your Next Energy Purchase
- Improve Occupant Comfort & Reduce Energy Costs Through Humidity Control
- The Corporate Sustainability Professional's Guide to Better Data Management
- 2016 Energy and Sustainability Predictions Findings from Facilities Professionals
- The New Energy Future - Challenges and Opportunities in Corporate Energy Management
- Choosing the Correct Emission Control Technology
- How the IoT is Reshaping Building Automation