Plug Power Wins Contract with FreezPak Logistics
FreezPak Logistics has selected Plug Power’s GenKey fuel cell-cell system for lift trucks and hydrogen re-fueling system for its new cold storage distribution center freezer warehouse under construction in Carteret, New Jersey.
The GenKey deployment includes 25 GenDrive fuel cells, a GenFuel outdoor hydrogen storage infrastructure with two indoor GenFuel dispensers, and total GenCare service for both the fuel cells and hydrogen system. In addition, the contract includes a ten-year hydrogen supply agreement.
For this site in New Jersey, Plug Power developed a downsized fueling infrastructure scaled to economically meet the needs of FreezPak.
The GenDrive-powered fleet mix consists of class-3 units for pallet jacks and class-2 units for reach trucks. Plug Power has already manufactured and shipped the entire order, which will begin supporting FreezPak’s facility following its opening, planned for the second quarter of 2015. The GenFuel installation is also targeted for completion during the second quarter.
Plug Power says this FreezPak deployment is modest in size compared to other GenKey customer sites. Previously, the cost of hydrogen was a barrier for smaller operations. Plug Power worked together with FreezPak to develop and install a mini-GenFuel system.
- 2015 Insider Knowledge
- eBook: Five Key Considerations for Integrating Renewables into Your Procurement Strategy
- Advanced Rooftop-Unit Control (ARC) Retrofits: Field Demonstrations Validate Energy Savings
- Four Key Questions to Ask Before Your Next Energy Purchase
- Choosing the Correct Emission Control Technology
- Smart Companies Utilize Integrated Energy Solutions
- 10 Tactics of Successful Energy Managers
- Shifting the Focus from End-of-Life Recycling to Continuous Product Lifecycles
- Energy Manager Today Awards Top Products and Top Projects of the Year
- Planning for a Sustainable Future