Pool Component Maker Becomes ISO 9001:2008 Certified, Saves Energy
Aquatherm Industries says it has increased the energy efficiency of manufacturing its solar pool heating panels by 18 percent and attributes the increase to improved processes, new technologies, and improved quality control procedures as a result of registration as an ISO 9001:2008 company.
In 2011, the manufacturer registered as an ISO 9001:2008 company for improving quality control inside the walls of its 50,000-sq-foot facility. ISO 9001:2008 is a quality management system developed by the International Organization of Standardization.
Through the process of becoming ISO-registered, the company pursued greater levels of quality control – from the minute raw materials enter the building to the shipment of finished product, resulting in the creation of less waste in the facility and more efficiencies.
Aquatherm says its solar pool heating panel is already inherently energy efficient compared to conventional fossil-fuel pool heaters. Three gallons of oil, refined and burned using a conventional fossil-fuel pool heater, would provide about 400,000 British thermal units (BTUs) one time only, according to the company. But using that same three gallons to manufacture one 4′ x 12′ solar pool heating panel, results in a product that will produce over 10,000,000 BTUs a year, and it keeps producing year after year.
- NAEM Trends Report: Planning for a Sustainable Future
- Cox Enterprises Cuts Energy Costs Up to 10-15% in Certain Markets
- Alarms Management: The Future is Now
- What You Need to Know About Demand Charges
- 24 Hour Fitness Trims Waste Costs Through an Effective Waste Recycling Program
- LED Myths and Facts
- How "Fixed" is the Fixed Price Product?
- The Impact of a Changing Workforce on Facilities Management
- Support Lean Manufacturing Principles with IBM Maximo Asset Management
- The Business Case for Corporate Sustainability Tools
- BUYING STRATEGIES IN A VOLATILE MARKET: What Businesses Need to Know about Retail Electricity Procurement
- Smart Building Technology: The Key to Comprehensive Building Performance
- What Energy Managers Need to know about Procuring Natural Gas: Guidance for 2014 Natural Gas Contracts
- Energy Optimization from the Boiler Room to the Board Room
- Your Roadmap for Energy Management: First Stop – Myths & Realities of Energy Purchasing