Pool Component Maker Becomes ISO 9001:2008 Certified, Saves Energy
Aquatherm Industries says it has increased the energy efficiency of manufacturing its solar pool heating panels by 18 percent and attributes the increase to improved processes, new technologies, and improved quality control procedures as a result of registration as an ISO 9001:2008 company.
In 2011, the manufacturer registered as an ISO 9001:2008 company for improving quality control inside the walls of its 50,000-sq-foot facility. ISO 9001:2008 is a quality management system developed by the International Organization of Standardization.
Through the process of becoming ISO-registered, the company pursued greater levels of quality control – from the minute raw materials enter the building to the shipment of finished product, resulting in the creation of less waste in the facility and more efficiencies.
Aquatherm says its solar pool heating panel is already inherently energy efficient compared to conventional fossil-fuel pool heaters. Three gallons of oil, refined and burned using a conventional fossil-fuel pool heater, would provide about 400,000 British thermal units (BTUs) one time only, according to the company. But using that same three gallons to manufacture one 4′ x 12′ solar pool heating panel, results in a product that will produce over 10,000,000 BTUs a year, and it keeps producing year after year.
- Six Essential Steps to Drive Effective Energy Management
- Sustainability Reporting for Commercial Real Estate: GRESB
- Top 3 Reasons to Calculate Your Environmental Footprint
- How to Use Lean Tools to Cash In On Environmental and Energy Savings
- Trends in Energy Management: Where Should Your Next Investment Be?
- Smart Companies Utilize Integrated Energy Solutions
- NAEM Trends Report: Planning for a Sustainable Future
- Essential Guide to Lighting Retrofits and Upgrades
- 2014 Insider Knowledge Report
- 2014 Environmental Leader Product and Project Awards
- Energy Efficiency Requires Engineering Efficiency
- Integrated Building Optimization: A Crucial Convergence of Demand-side and Supply-Side Energy Management Strategies
- Driving Productivity and Profit with Industrial Energy Management
- Energy Procurement in 2014: Products & Programs to Optimize Savings
- BUYING STRATEGIES IN A VOLATILE MARKET: What Businesses Need to Know about Retail Electricity Procurement