Portable Solar Light Towers Bring On-Site LED Lighting
Progress Solar offers combined solar/wind-powered light towers to provide outdoor lighting at night for a variety of business applications.
The renewable energy-powered light towers can save money compared to traditional portable lights, typically fueled with diesel.
Progress’ solar light towers are powered by two on-board, high capacity solar generators and a wind generator, backed up by a rapid AC charger. The large battery banks store power for several nights of lighting (up to a 60 hour reserve) to allow use during cloudy days or inclement weather.
Towers are equipped with automated solar wings that can be positioned toward the sun to maximize solar energy gain combined with a wind generator to add additional wind power at night and during inclement weather; a telescoping mast equipped with 4 solid-state LED flood lights; and a long-life Power Module with sealed, AGM, deep-cycle batteries to store energy for use when needed.
According to Progress Solar, its solar/wind light towers:
- eliminate noise, carbon emissions and toxic fumes from work-sites improving the environment;
- save money by eliminating the need for fossil fuels;
- reduce total life cost since the solar/wind light towers run off free renewable energy and eliminate routine diesel engine maintenance;
- save on labor costs by eliminating fuel and maintenance trips as well as daily trips to manually turn the lights on/off.
The light tower is adjustable from 12-30 feet in height, able to tilt up/down and the mast can be rotated as needed. The solid-state LED flood lights provide longer run times between bulb changes than high-intensity discharge lights. The lights can be turned on and off automatically from a timer, at user-programmable time intervals or manually on-demand. The system is on a portable trailer for towing to its destination.
- How the IoT is Reshaping Building Automation
- Increase the Value of Demand Response Through Automation
- 2015 Insider Knowledge
- Energy Manager Today Awards Top Products and Top Projects of the Year
- Just the Facts: 8 Popular Misconceptions about LEDs & Controls
- Planning for a Sustainable Future
- 2016 Energy and Sustainability Predictions - Findings from Leading Professionals
- Choosing the Correct Emission Control Technology
- The Missing Puzzle Piece: Automated Utility Data Aggregation
- Shifting the Focus from End-of-Life Recycling to Continuous Product Lifecycles