Portable Solar Light Towers Bring On-Site LED Lighting
Progress Solar offers combined solar/wind-powered light towers to provide outdoor lighting at night for a variety of business applications.
The renewable energy-powered light towers can save money compared to traditional portable lights, typically fueled with diesel.
Progress’ solar light towers are powered by two on-board, high capacity solar generators and a wind generator, backed up by a rapid AC charger. The large battery banks store power for several nights of lighting (up to a 60 hour reserve) to allow use during cloudy days or inclement weather.
Towers are equipped with automated solar wings that can be positioned toward the sun to maximize solar energy gain combined with a wind generator to add additional wind power at night and during inclement weather; a telescoping mast equipped with 4 solid-state LED flood lights; and a long-life Power Module with sealed, AGM, deep-cycle batteries to store energy for use when needed.
According to Progress Solar, its solar/wind light towers:
- eliminate noise, carbon emissions and toxic fumes from work-sites improving the environment;
- save money by eliminating the need for fossil fuels;
- reduce total life cost since the solar/wind light towers run off free renewable energy and eliminate routine diesel engine maintenance;
- save on labor costs by eliminating fuel and maintenance trips as well as daily trips to manually turn the lights on/off.
The light tower is adjustable from 12-30 feet in height, able to tilt up/down and the mast can be rotated as needed. The solid-state LED flood lights provide longer run times between bulb changes than high-intensity discharge lights. The lights can be turned on and off automatically from a timer, at user-programmable time intervals or manually on-demand. The system is on a portable trailer for towing to its destination.
- Integrated Building Optimization
- NAEM Trends Report: Planning for a Sustainable Future
- Essential Guide to Lighting Retrofits and Upgrades
- 2013-20114 Winter Polar Vortex
- Trends in Energy Management: Where Should Your Next Investment Be?
- The CFO and the Sustainability Reporting Chain
- Alarms Management: The Future is Now
- Sustainability Careers: Unlocking Hidden Employment Potential
- 2014 Environmental Leader Product and Project Awards
- EHS Managers: The Evolution from Necessary Evil to Vital Leaders
- Energy Efficiency Requires Engineering Efficiency
- Integrated Building Optimization: A Crucial Convergence of Demand-side and Supply-Side Energy Management Strategies
- Driving Productivity and Profit with Industrial Energy Management
- Energy Procurement in 2014: Products & Programs to Optimize Savings
- BUYING STRATEGIES IN A VOLATILE MARKET: What Businesses Need to Know about Retail Electricity Procurement