Portable Solar Power System Supplies Energy Off-Grid
Ecosphere Technologies received a patent for a portable, self-contained micro-utility that uses solar power to provide electricity in remote, off-grid locations. The United States Patent & Trademark Office has approved Patent No. 8,593,102 for Ecosphere’s Ecos PowerCube.
The Ecos PowerCube maximizes the total amount of solar power generation possible in 10’, 20’ and 40’ standard ISO shipping container footprints. With power generation capabilities up to 15 kW, the Ecos PowerCube can be transported by land, air, or sea and is suited to support off-grid military, disaster relief, humanitarian and mobile communication efforts.
Electricity generated by the Ecos PowerCube can be used to power various onboard systems, including satellite communications, Internet connectivity, and mobile water treatment systems. The system can also be used to supply military or disaster relief teams with mobile infrastructure modules, such as hospitals, command centers, sleeping quarters and temporary schools.
There is no assembly required with the Ecos PowerCube. The solar arrays are expanded or retracted with the push of a button.
The US Army Research Laboratory along with the Army science and technology community is pursuing technology such as energy storage, alternative energy sources, high-density power converters and micro grids to improve Army operations.
- Improve Occupant Comfort & Reduce Energy Costs Through Humidity Control
- 2016 Environmental Leader Product & Project Awards
- The Corporate Sustainability Professional's Guide to Better Data Management
- Let's Do The Math for DR
- Four Key Questions to Ask Before Your Next Energy Purchase
- Choosing the Correct Emission Control Technology
- There’s Money in the Trash
- The New Energy Future - Challenges and Opportunities in Corporate Energy Management
- eBook: Five Key Considerations for Integrating Renewables into Your Procurement Strategy
- 2016 Energy and Sustainability Predictions Findings from Facilities Professionals