Portfolio Manager Down Until July 17
The US Environmental Protection Agency’s Energy Star Portfolio Manager online software for reporting building energy usage is out of service until July 17.
The release of the upgraded Portfolio Manager tool was originally scheduled for July 10. The service has been offline since June 26, undergoing upgrades.
According to the EPA, while the tool itself is fully functional, the extra week will allow the EPA to run additional checks to verify that the tens of millions of data points contained within Portfolio Manager’s 70,000 active accounts were migrated correctly and completely. The improvements to Portfolio Manager include a new interface, streamlined functionality, and improved usability.
Portfolio Manager is becoming increasingly important as more cities require large commercial buildings to track their energy usage via the EPA tool. Late last month, Chicago Mayor Rahm Emanuel proposed an ordinance that would require the city’s largest buildings to benchmark their energy use and authorize the city to disclose the energy efficiency for these buildings publicly. If the ordinance passes, Chicago will join eight other major cities that have adopted similar ordinances including Boston, New York City, Washington, DC, San Francisco, Seattle, Austin, Minneapolis and Philadelphia.
- What You Need to Know About Demand Charges
- Evaluation Guide: Four Steps to a Successful Lighting Evaluation
- Guide to Energy, Carbon and Environmental Software
- 2014 Energy and Sustainability Predictions: Findings from Leading Professionals
- 2014 Environmental Leader Product and Project Awards
- How to Automate the Collection & Delivery of Utility Billing Data
- How "Fixed" is the Fixed Price Product?
- Alarms Management: The Future is Now
- Meeting the GHG Challenge: Reporting Solutions
- Descriptive, Predictive, Prescriptive: Transforming Asset and Facilities Management with Analytics
- Energy Procurement in 2014: Products & Programs to Optimize Savings
- BUYING STRATEGIES IN A VOLATILE MARKET: What Businesses Need to Know about Retail Electricity Procurement
- Smart Building Technology: The Key to Comprehensive Building Performance
- What Energy Managers Need to know about Procuring Natural Gas: Guidance for 2014 Natural Gas Contracts
- Energy Optimization from the Boiler Room to the Board Room