Portfolio Manager Down Until July 17
The US Environmental Protection Agency’s Energy Star Portfolio Manager online software for reporting building energy usage is out of service until July 17.
The release of the upgraded Portfolio Manager tool was originally scheduled for July 10. The service has been offline since June 26, undergoing upgrades.
According to the EPA, while the tool itself is fully functional, the extra week will allow the EPA to run additional checks to verify that the tens of millions of data points contained within Portfolio Manager’s 70,000 active accounts were migrated correctly and completely. The improvements to Portfolio Manager include a new interface, streamlined functionality, and improved usability.
Portfolio Manager is becoming increasingly important as more cities require large commercial buildings to track their energy usage via the EPA tool. Late last month, Chicago Mayor Rahm Emanuel proposed an ordinance that would require the city’s largest buildings to benchmark their energy use and authorize the city to disclose the energy efficiency for these buildings publicly. If the ordinance passes, Chicago will join eight other major cities that have adopted similar ordinances including Boston, New York City, Washington, DC, San Francisco, Seattle, Austin, Minneapolis and Philadelphia.
- 2014 Environmental Leader Product and Project Awards
- Alarms Management: The Future is Now
- Sustainability Careers: Unlocking Hidden Employment Potential
- Meeting the GHG Challenge: Reporting Solutions
- Essential Guide to Lighting Retrofits and Upgrades
- EHS Managers: The Evolution from Necessary Evil to Vital Leaders
- Smart Companies Utilize Integrated Energy Solutions
- NAEM Trends Report: Planning for a Sustainable Future
- Integrated Building Optimization
- The CFO and the Sustainability Reporting Chain
- Energy Efficiency Requires Engineering Efficiency
- Integrated Building Optimization: A Crucial Convergence of Demand-side and Supply-Side Energy Management Strategies
- Driving Productivity and Profit with Industrial Energy Management
- Energy Procurement in 2014: Products & Programs to Optimize Savings
- BUYING STRATEGIES IN A VOLATILE MARKET: What Businesses Need to Know about Retail Electricity Procurement